The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 1G DSM with 2g GSX 17” wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmmario

Proven Member
Nov 1, 2014
Charlotte, North_Carolina
When I was considering putting 2G GSX 17” wheels on a 1G I couldn’t find any photos here easily but I’m sure I’m not the first. Pretty happy with the results 225/45/17 Falkens Ziex ZE950 All-Seasons on Eibachs.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I have a couple 1g's that I run 2g rims on and I have been complemented on them.
I like your car, BTW.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/1990-mitsubishi-gsx.14484/

https://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/1992-talon-tsi-6-4-auto.13170/

And I had a set of Drag Radials mounted on a spare set of black 2g rims so if I am running around on the black rims, I must be serious about something.
Mine are only 16" rims but I had a set of 2g Chrome 17" rims on the 98 Talon I sold not long ago.

Those aren't GSX wheels, FYI. Those are 3g wheels.
What? Aren’t they the same as 2gb gsx wheel? I really like those wheels but seems they bend easily because I’ve had two sets second hand and multiple wheels were bent

3g wheels are one piece and the 2g GSX wheels are 2 piece. those on the red car above are 3gs wheels.

Here are some pics of previous cars I have owned with real 2g GSX wheels.

What? Aren’t they the same as 2gb gsx wheel? I really like those wheels but seems they bend easily because I’ve had two sets second hand and multiple wheels were bent
2g GSX wheels bend easily too. Theyre weak LOL

When I was considering putting 2G GSX 17” wheels on a 1G I couldn’t find any photos here easily but I’m sure I’m not the first. Pretty happy with the results 225/45/17 Falkens Ziex ZE950 All-Seasons on Eibachs.

A bit late response, but I'm curious about your Falken Ziex since that's the tire I'm planning to try. How's their wet grip? Do they wear excessively? My second option is the bf goodrich tires gforce comp-2 a/s.

A bit late response, but I'm curious about your Falken Ziex since that's the tire I'm planning to try. How's their wet grip? Do they wear excessively? My second option is the bf goodrich tires gforce comp-2 a/s.
Honestly I can’t say. My car continues to like the safety of my driveway vs the open road. I haven’t been able to push them much but they have been pretty quiet brand new. I picked them for the price and wear rating through tirebuyer.com and had pep boys install them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back