The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

(1G) Cheap 4" CAI Hard pipes (Works great on Holsets)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I needed a 4” setup since switching to a Holset. Cruising the Lowes this weekend I noticed some solid jointed HVAC 4” tubing. This looked like a nice and easy solution, but it was a bit heavy. I then cruised by the washer/Dryer piping section and found the same 4” jointed metal tubing in a much thinner (flimsy even) alum. ($3.50 each)

Using two sections of the light Dryer jointed piping I mocked up the 4” S-pipe. This was not a perfect “S”. I needed to tweak several of the joints to get a nice fit. After the pipe is adjusted a drop of super glue on each joint works well to hold it in position.

Fiberglass kit can be bought in any auto parts store. (16$) Use a healthy amount of alcohol to wipe any assy oil from the pipe. Then blow dry with shop air if available. Next apply the resin and fiberglass. I could have taken a little more time and done a nicer glass job. The resin started to kick midway through the job and I rushed a bit. I’d suggest doing half a side at a time. Using 3oz of resin each side.

End result turned out well I think. Very light and strong.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back