The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G AWD Suspension Techniques or RM Racing Sway Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awd20l

Probationary Member
Sep 27, 2002
Fayetteville, Arkansas
I was wondering if there is any differences between the Suspension Techniques Rear Sway bar and RM Racing Rear Sway Bar for a 1G AWD. What are the pros and cons between the 2? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

i remember reading the ST sway bar would not allow for a normal 3 inch exhaust and the RM does.

My project TSI AWD came with the front ST swaybar installed. The guy had the rear one in the trunk, but no bushings/brackets/bolts

Any idea where I can get them from? and how much they will cost?

Awd20l said:
I was wondering if there is any differences between the Suspension Techniques Rear Sway bar and RM Racing Rear Sway Bar for a 1G AWD. What are the pros and cons between the 2? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If memory serves, the difference between the ST and the RM bars was ~1mm diameter, with the ST being the larger rear sway bar. As for pros and cons, depends on what you are looking for as far as handling. Too vague to answer.

timkovo said:
My project TSI AWD came with the front ST swaybar installed. The guy had the rear one in the trunk, but no bushings/brackets/bolts

Any idea where I can get them from? and how much they will cost?

Holy Hijack Batman.... :nono:

Bolts- local hardware store (I *think* M8x20, 1.50 thread pitch, you need 4 + split lock washers to fit).

Bushings - Summit Racing website. Order Prothane or Energy Suspension bushings for rear sway bar for your particular car.

Brackets - maybe the stock rear brackets can fit (order from Mitsu dealer). If not, just make some yourself, just make sure the grade of metal is similar to your fronts. It's a simple "u" that bends around the bar bushing.

Do the sway bars normally come with the bushings? If I bought Poly Bushings (whole set from RRE)... does that include the ones for the sway bars?

neuralracing said:
Do the sway bars normally come with the bushings? If I bought Poly Bushings (whole set from RRE)... does that include the ones for the sway bars?

Yes and yes (for aftermarket swaybars).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back