The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

RM Racing Sway Bar Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stukyl28

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2009
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
I am in the process of installing my RM Racing sawybars on the FRONT of my 99 GS-T... I got my old bar out no problem, and the RM bar has been fished in the right spot. I have them sitting in the end links lightly bolted not torqued. NOW my problem is I cant figure how to install the bushing that goes on the swaybar itself to the body with the factory C looking clamp!! Im completely stumped on how to go about doing this:confused:. If anyone has installed them and have any tips, or helpful stradegys please chime in. I am in no rush to complete because the car is in for winter. Id rather do it right rather then do it half hearted :thumb:

thanks for the help
Kyle:hellyeah:

that is what i followed to install it... Its just these bushings are so stiff and would like ideas of connecting the bolts on the C clamp without damaging anything!

These are the red plastic bushings, correct ? There aren't any others so...

Unless RM has changed something in the 10 years since I last installed a set(!), the bushings are Prothane, and have a slit down near the base of one side. Coat the inside with the supplied grease, pull apart the slit and slide the bushing around the bar in approximately the position it will ultimately occupy. I position the slit on the bottom, on the assumption that will make it slightly harder for water or debris to work its way inside.

Smear Vaseline on the outside of the bushing where it will contact the U bracket,, and push the U braket on to the bushing. Start one of the bolts (I find the upper to be a better choice), spin it in a few turns and then work on lining up and starting the lower bolt. In all but a couple of instances I ended up Dremel'ing the lower hole to an oval, because I'm lazy and I prefer the easy option :)

If this wasn't your question then sorry !

That's a great help I'll try that tonight, it's just that the poly is so hard and I can't line up the second hole. I wasn't sure if I should bend the bracket some to allow for an easier install or to trim the bushing some. I'm stumped at this. If anyone else has any input it will be greatly welcomed!! :)

Start one of the bolts (I find the upper to be a better choice), spin it in a few turns and then work on lining up and starting the lower bolt.

:thumb:
Keep all of the bolts loose until you have them all started. It may take some messing around, you can always stick a Philips head screw driver in the hole you are working on and wiggle it one way or the other to try to line it up.

Thanks!!! I haven't had time to wrench of the car cause I'm working 13 hr days to have extra money for Xmas :/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back