The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

19th Annual DSM Shootout August 20-21st 2011 Norwalk Ohio

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandra,
I thought we were friends before this years shootout? I met you guys 2 years ago at the shootout but my group didnt get to socialize to much because we were to busy sleeping all weekend after getting in so late when we got to ohio. I even bought a t-shirt from you guys one year but I dont remember if I did that at e-town or at Norwalk. I remember seeing you guys last year and the year before at e-town and Im pretty sure you had the white 1g but were having some sort of ecu issues. I'd like to go to more dsm events this year but my drag racing weekends are limited. Sep. 11 is ol' daze drags at island dragway and i may be running my old small block swapped vega and then IM trying to get a timeslip on the talon and may run it at englishtown. When I'm at englishtown I may be getting in touch with dogbox again to get a good trans put under the hood of the talon since a stage 1 just isnt cutting it

Hey guys. For those that are interested in the Englishtown dsm evo wrx sti shootout I have started a thread specifically for it. We have about 2 months to plan for it. This track is only 2 hours from me as oppose to ohio at a wopping 7hour drive.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dra...n-dsm-evo-wrx-sti-shootout.html#post152702799

I have a terrible memory, forgive me. Yep we did have the white 1g, and the dogbox that was in it is for sale. If you are interested give Shawn a shout. I'm not sure of the date but we will be at the Fall Nationals at E-town, hope to see you there. If you are at Island that weekend with the Vega good luck and keep us posted on your progress.:thumb:

I think for next years shootout every member on here should wear a t-shirt with their avatar pic and their username above so we can recognize people better;)

the shirt i wore of Friday night said "dave99gst" on the back. between that and the yellow dune buggy there isnt no mistaking who i am :sneaky:

the shirt i wore of Friday night said "dave99gst" on the back. between that and the yellow dune buggy there isnt no mistaking who i am :sneaky:

I made my own shirt that had my name on it, along with my business logo, word cloud and some other text. I just made them on Zazzle.com. Actually, two of my designs (my shirt I made was double sided) are for sale on Zazzle at TMZPerformance: Home: Zazzle.com Store (shameless plug ROFL) and you can customize them. Otherwise just make your own design and do what you want, if wasn't hard, just time consuming. As a word of warning, be sure to order one size larger shirt size than you normally wear, as I noticed a bit of shrinkage with their shirts on initial washing and drying.

Damn it looks like it was a lot of fun wish i had made the trip, but the next week i was driving from macon, ga to arkansas. If it had been that weekend i would of drove to ohio from Ga then down to Arkansas. Im definetly going to try my ass off to make the next one.

im tellin ya man, start planning now. even if you have to put 20 bucks aside every month or something.

next year im gonna TRY to bring my GST aswell. along with the VR4 again.

Were these guys here this year?

DSM/EVO Shootout 2010

They do good work.

We were there doing work this year! Though there was a lot more going on this year with /J's SLR there and KP's red 1gb.

We were (FenixTX717, Mr.Peepers, Crash89), and TY :thumb:

The editing process takes me a very long time. Last year I had to take a week off work just to get the video edited. I hope to have this year's video finished by this or next weekend. Also, I hope it doesn't suck! :ohdamn:

I have not doubt in my mind that your video will rock just as much as it did last year /J! BTW I've been listening to a lot of music trying to figure out what songs you could use this year. I'll hit you up.

That would be amazing! Give yourself some credit man! Your video from last years shootout was the best DSM video I have ever seen. I can't wait to see this years! :D

I know he never gives himself a break! I mean he even got an amazing comment by the IMV Film guys stating it was the best DSM/Evo shootout video they've ever seen!

IMO It was kind of unfortunate that DSport was there taking over what /J does...wasn't fair that they came in with all their top cameras and angles. Buschur kinda screwed us this year.

IMO It was kind of unfortunate that DSport was there taking over what /J does...wasn't fair that they came in with all their top cameras and angles. Buschur kinda screwed us this year.

I can assure you that what ever Dsport puts out it wont come anywhere close to capturing the feel of the shootout like J does. Im awaiting the release of this years as if it were the squeal to my favorite box office hit ! :pray:

Yeah trust me, dsports coverage wont be nearly as much or as good as slanted J's. Shit even I had more coverage and I'm just another spectator. Dsport likes to focus on evo's so I'm sure there coverage will make it look as if this event was an EVO shootout LOL. On that friday at buchurs I was tellin them how they had horrible coverage and lack of anything but evo's at MOD 2011 in cypress ca. They were like well evo's are it right now, and i was like yeah man but it was Mitsubishi Owners day not EVO owners day! I also had the cleanest Galant VR4 out there that day but got NO recognition for it. Hopefully they do a good job covering this shootout. I hope my VR4 makes it in either Slanted J's DVD or Dsport or if I'm lucky, both! =)

But then again im a dreamer..

I can assure you that what ever Dsport puts out it wont come anywhere close to capturing the feel of the shootout like J does. Im awaiting the release of this years as if it were the squeal to my favorite box office hit ! :pray:

I hear you there! I had some new ideas for his video but screwed up using the Hero GoPro camera, it was my 1st time trying to use one and it didn't work out too well ROFL oh well I hope he got something out of it.

Will still be badass either way!

I see Dsport doing it as a win-win for everyone. A. We get to see that Mr. J here rocks the socks off their video with his. B. We get DSM coverage out there to the masses.

Looking forward to our video the most, last years rocked!

Is there a set release date for the dsport magazine article on the shootout or the 2g eclipse? I'd like to get it as I just simply dont have enough dsm/evo articles clipped out and saved in a binder.

The one that comes in a sealed package because of the dvd in it? I didn't want to pull one out of the package and preview it and then get stuck buying it if it wasn't the one. I've checked walmart several times to see if anyone opened one and left it behind but no luck.

So you think Dsport already did the DVD and article already?? I hasn't even been that long yet

i know Im bringing this back from the dead but wanted to post an update on Dsports coverage. It is on DVD and comes with the magazine on shelves now titled "Flat4Power" and has a black STI on the cover. My DVD that came with the magazine though was scratched before I could put it in so naturally it skips a little right on the dsm section but It was nice to see that three of my friends are pictured in the movie for about a second and my girls red 2g and my black 1g are in it for a second as well when they are going through the car show lines. Dsport also called the Abele Brother P****** for splitting the winnings and not running the final round

i know Im bringing this back from the dead but wanted to post an update on Dsports coverage. It is on DVD and comes with the magazine on shelves now titled "Flat4Power" and has a black STI on the cover. My DVD that came with the magazine though was scratched before I could put it in so naturally it skips a little right on the dsm section but It was nice to see that three of my friends are pictured in the movie for about a second and my girls red 2g and my black 1g are in it for a second as well when they are going through the car show lines. Dsport also called the Abele Brother P****** for splitting the winnings and not running the final round

Is the video good? Worth buying the magazine?

It's not bad... pretty much just an over view of what the dsm shootout is about.

Is the video good? Worth buying the magazine?

Honestly not really, but /J and myself had to check it out to see what DSport was all about. Not even close to the amazing work /J does. As said above it's a quick over-view of the shootout.

BUT if your media-anal like myself, the quality just wasn't there. I mean for the cameras those guys were using and how many people they had shooting, I would have expected a LOT more out of the company. A lot of their shots were to shaky and I can't stand that in any type of video recording. It's 2011, it's called steady-cam...nearly every "good" camera has it now days. I also couldn't stand that they interviewed a guy's car that wasn't even his car. Sure the car was nice but the guy didn't even own it. The interview was way to long and focused to much on just the single car, that again wasn't even his.

That was 1 of 2 things that bothered me the most. #1 being that the only good steady footage they put in the dvd was towards the end, the drag racing part. In all honesty if any of you saw /J's last years video, that bar far destroyed DSports.

Again I expected a lot more coming from a decently sized magazine company that is all about this type of stuff. Specially when there isn't a lot of companies that go out and film these types of events. Hell /J should be hired to do this stuff!

Yeah.. no offence to the black evo owner but that shit was dumb talking to someone that did not own it or know anthing about the car.

It wasn't to bad except for the fact I'm pissed that my disc skipped right our of the packaging and only seems to skip over the dsm section. It wasn't the best video in the world but if your a diehard dsmer or evo guy or a die hard fan of the best weekend ever for a dsm/ evo owner then its nice video to have. Since I managed to see three of my friends in it and also see the camera point directly at my girls car with my car right beside it, it definatley is something special for me. Exspecially since my car is forever under the knife and my girl has recently sold her dsm. I saw J's video last year and loved it. Im still patiently waiting for this years shootout vid.

On a somewhat side note is there a way to download videos found on youtube?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back