The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1998 Eclipse GS Flywheel Wont Align - Exedy OEM Replacement Clutch Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonthefaded

Supporting VIP
Aug 3, 2011
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Currently I am in the process of replacing the clutch pack for a 98 Eclipse GS. After reinstalling the transmission I ran into a problem of aligning the flywheel bolts to the clutch pack. I automatically assumed that turning the flywheel and lining up 1 flywheel bolt, then putting in that bolt hand tight would mean that the flywheel-clutchpack would be ok and aligned. This was not the case.

:dsm:

After about 20 minutes of searching I have not come across any threads or questions/solutions for this problem. So I found my own.

If 1 flywheel bolt aligns, and you turn the crankshaft either clockwise or counter-clockwise and another flywheel bolt does not match up. You should unbolt the flywheels bolts and turn the flywheel until you can match up the next holes to install a flywheel bolt. Once done turn the crankshaft until the flywheel/clutchpack bolt holes are at the opposite end. This should fix the problem. Or so it did for me.

I just wanted to share this information with you all, If the way I worded everything is too hard to understand please let me know - or correct it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back