The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 1995 Eclipse RS Crankshaft Positioning sensor wiring question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAZORTX

Probationary Member
May 23, 2014
cleburne, Texas
Alright so I got my car back after 7 months at the mechanic. The guy just didn't feel like messing with it. So we had a no start problem It was getting fire and had compression it tried starting but it wasn't idling right so I've looked on the forums here and I seen that most people who are having similar problems were pointed to the crankshaft sensor. Today I jacked the car up and un bolted the sensor and noticed the wires were cut. It looked like they replaced the connecter, the 3 wires on the connector were all purple so I can't figure out which of the other wires connect theres a yellow, blue, and black wire, could anyone help me out with telling me which wire goes in the right place? Thanks!

That won't help as the OP has a 420a.

Here is an image that should help.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The colors may differ a bit as they changed through the years.

Here is a link to a 95 ecu pin out. This will show the colors for those 3 pins.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=1995_ECU

That won't help as the OP has a 420a.

Here is an image that should help.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The colors may differ a bit as they changed through the years.

Here is a link to a 95 ecu pin out. This will show the colors for those 3 pins.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=1995_ECU
Thanks man I was wondering why my car had no spark after fixing the wires, now I know they weren't in the right spot haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back