The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1994 talon ES needs a new head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vladsmad

Probationary Member
Mar 22, 2018
millcreek, Utah
I am now in possession of 94 talon ES
it has vacuum leaks
needs a new head
needs the tank dropped and a new fuel filter
where can i get a head that wont murder me cash wise , im 16 and my local pick and pulls wont let me in.

Why do you need a new head?
Burning oil ?
Bent valves ?
Also it's an expensive job to do . You will have to do a timing belt job so you might as well replace every component related to timing .
Tensioner,tensioner pulley ,idler pulley, balance shaft belt ,balance shaft tensioner .
Water pump.

Must have harsh workers at those wreckers I always went to those in high school LOL

How many miles on the motor?
Any maintenance done to it?

Is the car running?

You may get lucky to find someone local with a head.
check Craigslist ,kijiji, ect

Why do you need to drop the tank?

Good luck on the build dude !

Why do you need a new head?
Burning oil ?
Bent valves ?
Also it's an expensive job to do . You will have to do a timing belt job so you might as well replace every component related to timing .
Tensioner,tensioner pulley ,idler pulley, balance shaft belt ,balance shaft tensioner .
Water pump.

Must have harsh workers at those wreckers I always went to those in high school LOL

How many miles on the motor?
Any maintenance done to it?

Is the car running?

You may get lucky to find someone local with a head.
check Craigslist ,kijiji, ect

Why do you need to drop the tank?

Good luck on the build dude !
there is a bent valve on cylinder 2 and it's burning oil

the car has 8 year old gas and apparent has a dirty fuel filter , this is coming from a diagnosis shop saying that its dirty because of a not so stead idle but cleans up at 3000 rpm
there are around 210,000 miles on it .
the car ran when it was parked in 2010- this car had been maintained -- my grandpa's car.
i also need to replace the valve cover.
thank you for the insight i really appreciate it.

You might try here.
https://www.headsonly.com
It may be less expensive to pull it and have a machine shop fix it. You will need a full gasket set and timing set no matter what you do. If you need to drop the tank then do it. Messy. Nasty. Ugly. It has been my experience fuel pumps don' survive long in tjat kind of environment but yours appears to be running. What is your skill level. This is not a car to learn on for this level of job. Brakes. General tune up sure...but this job is specific and tedious and 100% intolerant of mistakes made by the inexperienced or misinformed. If you're a really good mechanical sort then it's up to you. I did my first tbelt at 19 and I screwed it up. All it cost me was time thankfully.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back