The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 TB seals, any vendor offering them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
Hello all. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a current vendor that offers 1990 TB seals as mine are needing replaced. Any help is appreciated. All the places I checked did not have 1990 seals, just 91 and up. Thanks all. :pray:

Thanks Victor!!! :thumb:

So Victor was kind enough to post an article and I found 1990 seals (or the correct part number, I will update as soon as they come in) for our throttle bodys after numerous calls to various vendors. This is what I found: Kaman Industrial Tech, 416 S Utica, Tulsa OK 74104, phone 918-610-7788. I talked with Justin. The seals in the article that was given to me said for a 1990, you need a Chicago Rawhide number 3930 and 3030. I ordered spares fyi. The cost was $5.07/each for the 3030 (8mmx12mmx3mm) and $4.74/each for the 3930 (10mmx14mmx3mm). I am having them drop shipped so I don't know what shipping is but it can't be too much. I will post that after I get them also. See the pictures but they are just representations of the actual seals. I thought that too much info was better than not enough. Hope these work and I will post my findings after they arrive. Also reference the last link that Victor gave me for this information. There are numerous vendor locations so there is probably one closer to anyone else, and you can check here, just put in your closest city:

Distributor locations

I hope this is good information for all 1990 owners and again, THANK YOU VICTOR!!! :thumb:

Attachments

• 3030 1990 thottle body seal.jpg
    3030 1990 thottle body seal.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 3930 1990 thottle body seal.jpg
    3930 1990 thottle body seal.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 1990 thottle body seal vendor Kaman in Tulsa.jpg
    1990 thottle body seal vendor Kaman in Tulsa.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 113
So I recieved the shaft seals for 90 model TB's and here are pictures of them. Will post more when I get the TB off and check for fitment.

Attachments

• 1990 TB seals from SKF.jpg
    1990 TB seals from SKF.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 121
Yeah they even drop shipped them to me....for free i found out.

Yeah, I didn't want to mention it, but several vendors have been selling these exact seals (and making the distinction of the 90/91-99 differences) for several years now. So you don't really need to test them out, they're already known to work. That being said, there's no reason you can't do some kind of writeup anyway.

Thanks for the additional input. I was having a hard time when searching for them so I just found them, and posted a link for anyone to type in there location for their local distributor if they were in need also.

Yes one seal is the same size but the other seal is smaller to clarifiy. Funny how '90's are weird on everything. :ohdamn:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back