The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1990 AWD talon gauge pod???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurkF26

Supporting VIP
Sep 6, 2003
vacaville, California
does any company make an a pillar replacement gauge pod for 3 52mm gauges??? i am having a real hard time finding a FULL A PILLAR replacement triple guage pod for a 1990 talon. I figure an eclipse one would work too but cant find those either. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, given that on the 1Gas, an Eclipse is a Talon is a Laser... an Eclipse one should fit. The only difference between 'em is the running boards, steering wheel, front garnish, back garnish, and anything else with a company logo on it. And those parts can be interchanged, if you feel like turning your Talon into an Eclipse. :) I've been tempted in the past to turn the GSX into a Talasipse, but it'd confuse too many of the ricer kids. ^_^

And (if it wasn't obvious) the Eclipses have the auto-seatbelts too... much love for them, cops can't pull you over out here with their usual excuse of 'looked like your seatbelt was unbuckled'. :)

TurkF26 said:
does any company make an a pillar replacement gauge pod for 3 52mm gauges??? i am having a real hard time finding a FULL A PILLAR replacement triple guage pod for a 1990 talon. I figure an eclipse one would work too but cant find those either. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cant buy a 3 pod pillar "A-Pillar" for a 90-91 Talon/Eclipse/Laser (maybe 92-94 also .. cant remember if the belts are the same). Its because of the auto belts. But you can buy .. single and double gauge pods for the pillar, as well as a pod for the vents and some others.

Good luck
Luke :dsm: :talon: :laser:

Really... then what is this?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

(Click picture for link to the purchasing page, about halfway down... 3-gauge A-pillar pod for 90-94 Eclipse/Talon)

I also remember seeing them featured on the front page, when one vendor or another gets a new batch in. :) Most of the ones from the front page looked cleaner as well... that one halfway looks like a 2-pod and a single pod. But the 3-pods ARE on the market, and do work with the automatic belts.

Talesin said:
Really... then what is this?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

(Click picture for link to the purchasing page, about halfway down... 3-gauge A-pillar pod for 90-94 Eclipse/Talon)

I also remember seeing them featured on the front page, when one vendor or another gets a new batch in. :) Most of the ones from the front page looked cleaner as well... that one halfway looks like a 2-pod and a single pod. But the 3-pods ARE on the market, and do work with the automatic belts.

The only thing is though, it only goes up to the roof line, not all the way back to the b-pillar, i have one like that its ghey

twiztd_talon_07 said:
The only thing is though, it only goes up to the roof line, not all the way back to the b-pillar, i have one like that its ghey

That's all your going to find. I've never, ever seen a full A-pillar pod for a 1G, just 2G.

If you don't want a cheesy A-pillar, do what I did in my latest Talon, get the 3 pod bezel that replaces the center vents, and add 2-3 more gauges in the spare DIN slot by your radio if you still need more room.

I found this,
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/90-94-mitsubishi-eclipse-triple-pillar-pod.aspx

I have it once, but the fitting was weird because my car doesn't have automatic seat belt (canadian model). Never found full pillar replacement. Finally, i remove it, because this pillard obstructed partially my sight when i turn to the left.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back