The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

16x8.5 Kosei rims: Will a 225/50/16 tire fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
So I have a 97 Eclipse GSX currently running the stock 16' wheels.

I bought a set of Kosei 16' 8.5 rims. So my ? - Will I be able to fit a 225/50/16 tire on these rims on my car? Without rubbing?

I looked through the tire sticky on our forum, and I have googled other forums who say it is skinny but might fit, but for those who have the 2g Eclipse, will it fit? :hmm:

Thanks guys!:thumb:

You will need to let us know what offset the rims are. Unless you have a pretty low offset I bet they will be fine. If you already have them then just put one or two on the car for a test fit.

I have tried googling for the offset for that size, but for a 17X8 it looks to be +40 or +43 offset, so I am guessing in the same neighborhood.

So do you think the Kosei t1s 16x8.5 will do the following:

1) Fit a 225/50/16 tire?
2) Will fit with that tire on a 2g Eclipse without rubbing?

Not the exact set, but a google image of the rims (minus tires)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is a pretty skinny tire for that wide of a wheel. I have 225s on a 7" wide wheel.

For reference (not saying this is right) I ran a 225/50/16 on a stock GST wheel. Which is like 6.5 inches at biggest. On 17x7s now I have 245/40/17s...

8" is the max recommended for 225, 7" is the ideal size. You should look at a 245/45 for an 8.5". You could put a 225 on but it really is too narrow for that rim.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back