The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

14b install on my 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDR7919

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2005
Titusville, Florida
alright this is for my 95 GST
just got my 14b in and im going to pull the t25 off tomorrow night, and start
i have read a few diffrent things about my oil line somthing about plugin it and runing it from somewhere else, ???
i just need some really good Directions maybe some one could hook me up with a link ?
dont really know how to hook any of the lines up yet ?

And i need a oil line where can i get that cheep ? can i use the stock 1g ?

Use the same parts that are on your 1g just get a SS oil feed line....take a good look at your 1g setup....whatever you see on there turbo wise that is what u need for your 2g...but otherwise if i were you i would simply search around for answers here....it has been posted numerous times

JDR7919 said:
And i need a oil line where can i get that cheep ? can i use the stock 1g ?

I assume you are talking about the 1G oil supply line from the head. If so you can re-use it as well as the banjo bolt with new crush washers if it is in good shape but you will have to get a plug for the 2G oil filter housing. It would be easier to buy a stainless flex line and continue using the 2G oil supply from the filter housing. You can get them from pretty well any DSM vendor that sells 16G install kits for the 2G.

As for the oil return line you can use the 1G oil return line.

Lucky for you I just got done installing my 14B two days ago. What parts do you have to install it? Did you even get an install kit? If you didn't, don't even think about busting off the T25 yet. You NEED at the VERY MINIMUM a new oil feed line and J-pipe, along with all new gaskets (oil feed and drain lines, exhaust manifold to turbo, O2 to turbo, water lines to turbo, O2 to downpipe). You can reuse the oil drain pipe and water lines, they just need some modification to fit. You'll have to match the holes on the top of the drain pipe to the 14B (you have to bring them in closer). The water lines just need to be switched around and bent a little. If you got an install kit though, you should have everything you need to do the install. Not including tools and your trusty service/Haynes/Chilton manuals. If you don't have one of those manuals, don't start until you do.

As far as the oil feed line, your T25 feeds from your oil filter housing and the 14B feeds from the head. Look at your 1G. on the passenger side of the head on the corner under your valve cover you should see a banjo bolt with a line running to the turbo. That's the oil feed line. Now look at your 2G. Go to the same place. There is a bolt there, but it's not a banjo bolt. When you're installing the turbo, you'll take that bolt out, and replace it with a banjo bolt. It will look just like the 1G setup. The T25 feed line needs to be taken out and the hole plugged with a plumbers plug (I believe that's what it's called). It's a cylinder shaped plug with a hex wrench hole in the middle. It needs a pretty big METRIC hex wrench to tighten. I used a standard because that's all I could find. Not sure what size it is, it came with my kit. I believe some kits run the oil feed line to the T25's location, but I'm not sure which ones do. Hope this helps... let me know if you have any questions about this and if you need some pics of what I'm talking about, I should be able to send you some. :dsm:

The only thing that I bought for my 14b install was a SS oil feed line 50$ shipped off of ebay, the turbo w/ jpipe, and 4 crush washers from the local parts store. That's IT. You can reuse your exhaust manifold gaskets, turbo to exh mani gasket, and turbo to o2 gaskets if they are in good condition, you MIGHT wanna rub some copper gasket stuff on them if you're worried bout it. Use the T25 water lines just reverse them and bend the front line, that line is HARD AS CRAP to bend but the best way to do it is bolt it on then get a wrench or screw driver and place it against the wastegate accuator for leverage and it bends EASY. You COULD buy a new turbo to exhaust mani bolt to replace the stud but I didn't feel like it because the closest dealer is 2 hours away so just reuse your stud if you want. PM me if ya got any more questions.

zachakagoat said:
The only thing that I bought for my 14b install was a SS oil feed line 50$ shipped off of ebay, the turbo w/ jpipe, and 4 crush washers from the local parts store. That's IT. You can reuse your exhaust manifold gaskets, turbo to exh mani gasket, and turbo to o2 gaskets if they are in good condition, you MIGHT wanna rub some copper gasket stuff on them if you're worried bout it. Use the T25 water lines just reverse them and bend the front line, that line is HARD AS CRAP to bend but the best way to do it is bolt it on then get a wrench or screw driver and place it against the wastegate accuator for leverage and it bends EASY. You COULD buy a new turbo to exhaust mani bolt to replace the stud but I didn't feel like it because the closest dealer is 2 hours away so just reuse your stud if you want. PM me if ya got any more questions.
I replaced all mine just because I already had everything off so it would've been a waste of time to have to take shit off again to change them. But he's right, you don't HAVE to change the metal gaskets. And that line is a bi*** to bend. :dsm:

The stock lower intercooler piping (compressor outlet to intercooler inlet) will not have enough reach with the 14b on there. I ended up using my hard pipe and cut up my stock soft pipe to make it reach.

It's definitely a good idea to get some new turbo/manifold bolts as well. If yours have a lot of mileage on them, one is bound to snap.

daveyfx said:
The stock lower intercooler piping (compressor outlet to intercooler inlet) will not have enough reach with the 14b on there. I ended up using my hard pipe and cut up my stock soft pipe to make it reach.

It's definitely a good idea to get some new turbo/manifold bolts as well. If yours have a lot of mileage on them, one is bound to snap.

Um yea it will? take it off, flip it over and stretch it to fit It will reach just fine, if you have to stick it in the oven for a bit to soften it up so you can stretch it.

Dunno if mine was just some sort of anomally then but I did flip it and there was no way I could get it to stretch. I did heat it up a fair amount and was able to stretch it some but not nearly enough. I've heard of people having success with the stock LICP and some getting stuck in the same boat that I did.

Thanks for the help
Any links where i could see the Kit ?
and where to get a Jpipe ?

You will need an extra set of hands to stretch out the stock LICP but it will fit and once you get it on there it is fine, after you run it for awhile it will heat up and stretch easier next time you take it off.

Here is a link to the oil feed line that I used - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6763&item=7984572306&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Here is an install kit on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=33742&item=7983856734&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

And check the classifeds or www.dsmtrader.com for a jpipe, here is one at a $1 right now on ebay its the stock 1g one that I used - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6763&item=7984157845&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back