The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

14b and 16g turbo... questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxferko

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2010
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
well im putting a 14b on my auto 92 gsx.... ( replacing the 13g )

i just ordered a oil line kit for a 16g, i was told it works with the 14b... is this true???

and can i block the coolant lines off on the 14b?
if not, can i use the same coolant lines from the 13g?

thanks!

You can cap the colant lines. Ive been running this 16g with oil only for months now with zero shaft play. Just make sure to let the turbo cool down before you shut it down. I take advantage of a turbo timer. The oil line you picked out will work. Have fun with the upgrade. If you want I have a big 16g just sittin and a tdo5 20g for sale if you want a real upgrade that is a direct bolt on. Ill sell them for cheap. Just pm me if you would like one!

This above post is incorrect. The oil lines for sure can not be used from a 13g the fitting is a different size. I'm not 100 percent on the water lines but i would bet they have a smaller fitting as well.

This above post is incorrect. The oil lines for sure can not be used from a 13g the fitting is a different size. I'm not 100 percent on the water lines but i would bet they have a smaller fitting as well.

Nah he is right, the oil and coolant lines from the 14b and 16g are interchangable

Am running a 14b no coolant lines and the manifold and turbo will glow red they get so hot. I wouldn't suggest it since the oil lines are small on the stock 14b turbo. Am going to put the coolant lines back on!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back