The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

10.983 last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 1, 2003
Wilmington, North_Carolina
Well who said the stock tranny sucks? SHift kit and stall covertor, last night the boys went 10's on the first pass out the box on a untuned car 57 trim turbo. ;)

Who's the boys? Tell us more. I'm always excited to hear about another fast A/T car.

-Russ

The boys are myself and Brian and Jason Wier. Jason had a 5speed running 11.0s @132 nitrous explosion blew the hood off the car so took out the motor rewelded the IC and SMI put the motor in the automatic. Not with the gt35 though just a spare 57 trim laying around. Put the car together in a couple of weekends. Stock tranny with shiftkit and had HUghes do his converter. Car had absolutly no tuning, running pig rich have the complete run listed in the track section. Nitrous on to spool shut off by the 60's marks. Got anxious horrible lauch 1.8-1.9. Pulled a 10.983@124 7.0@99 in the 1/8. Next trip will be saturday. possible bigger turbo definetly mroe tuning and nitrous on for the full pass. Tranny shited manually with switches not the tcm.

Car sounds definetly impressive. Awesome work! so you have a scan of your slip? I would like to see a pic or two of the car. Always nice to know what the quicker cars look like.

Jose
ArcticTsi

Just ran last night we are at work right now time slipped will be scanned for dsmtimes when we get home.

Cool. was that done on the car in your profile? I see your profile says Wilmington. Did you make that pass up there? What track is up there?

I dont think you need the slip scanned for the DSMtimes page. I think that is only if your run places you in the Top Ten. Last time I looked all the Top Ten cars where in the 9's.

:thumb: on the 10 Second pass

Congrats.

Jose

No not the car in my sig. It is a 91 gsx with a stock head web cams, ross/eagle combo, t3t4 57 trim i a 82 ar housing, keydrivers/afc/maft combo 720cc injectors, trans lab $20 shift kit, hughes converter, BJ SMI, 216 FMIC, tial bov. WIth a shot in the back waiting to be used a whole pass. Pretty basic. Times where ran at coastal plains drag way. Car beloongs to Jason's TSI on this board and his brother. It is hilarious no one even gives it a second look, there are no guages showing, it look completely stock inside. It suprised the hell out of a lot of people last night. Car in my sig has more trap but not sure its gonna be as quick due to having to shift. We find out next weekend.

JohnTSI said:
It suprised the hell out of a lot of people last night.

Awesome. I love hearing stories like that. I'm sure after that 10 sec pass, everyone was like,"What the Hell!, did the board just flash 10 something?"

Great stuff. What ET range were you expecting the car to be in when you go to the track? Do you have a cage in that beast already?

No cage yet like i said it was put togeher from spare parts over a couple weekends. We knew it was trapping in the 120's just wasn't sure how quick it would be the car has NO TUNING. Just the base setting they put in it from exp. Its got a lot more in it it was pig rich the whole run. People had been walking by it all night turning up thier noses several said awe its just a auto. We didn't open the hood in front of ANYONE all night. Really excited about next weekend though, tune the car and run the shot and get a good 60'.

That is kickass but how many passes do you think that tranny will last?

Congrats on the run.
I don't think it's a question of how shitty the stock trans is? I think it's more like how much it can take before it gives out.
My trans just blew, and I've only made roughly 20 drag passes trapping up to 102. It lasted fine, but who knows how it was taken care of before I had it.
Good Luck.. let's see some faster times.
Mike

Car ent back to the track last weekend ran 11.0s-11.4 inline transfilter had a problem since we are not racing for a couple weeks. They are taking out the tranny and rebuilding it to be safe. Hope to run next thursday.

JohnTSI said:
Car ent back to the track last weekend ran 11.0s-11.4 inline transfilter had a problem since we are not racing for a couple weeks. They are taking out the tranny and rebuilding it to be safe. Hope to run next thursday.

What went on with your inline filter?

I've never seen a problem with one before, especially from the vehicle sitting for a few weeks. What brand was it?

-John

A week befor we shattered the front pump, there where still some metal piece sin the tranny, filter got clogged.

JohnTSI said:
A week befor we shattered the front pump, there where still some metal piece sin the tranny, filter got clogged.

I guess that I must have misunderstood the original post, I thought that the stock trans was working good.

Inline filters usually have a bypass though.

-John

It was working fine it had to have the front pump replaced befor the car ever ran. Locked up in the garage befor it ever pulled out. Just they where in such a hurry to get to the track never really cleaned out the tranny well. The original front pump broke whiel the car was turning over to start. Btw this weekend is when the tranny is coming out. This is only what is believed to have happened will know more this weekend.

Good luck...but if you're really making that much power, there is no way the stock trans will take that constant abuse...you'll have loads of fun from pulling that trans all the time... :thumb:
Mike

Takes less than 30 minuted to remove the trans. This trans was the orginal with a new front pump and shift kit. Rebuilding this weekend, we will see how well it lasts. Its much cheaper than rebuilding my 5 speed when we kill a syncho.

JohnTSI said:
Takes less than 30 minuted to remove the trans. This trans was the orginal with a new front pump and shift kit. Rebuilding this weekend, we will see how well it lasts. Its much cheaper than rebuilding my 5 speed when we kill a syncho.
Jees, any tips
:)

"30 minutes"?

You're the man. Do tell us how you do it.

Takes me a about 45minutes to remove the tranny by myself if i dont screw around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back