The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sad day for AMS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd like to do a full restore of my DSM, but I don't have 20k to spend.

Yamaharyder600 said:
That sucks, but maybe I can get my balance shaft elim. kit without spending a fortune!
You and me both. I was about to order one this weekend too. Hopefully they have a few left in stock.....

You and me both. I was about to order one this weekend too. Hopefully they have a few left in stock.....

You could always ask a local machine shop to put your stock balance shaft on a lathe. Just give them some pictures of the AMS one so they have a rough idea of what it should look like.

I could be wrong but I thought it said on their website that they use that bsek on all the Evo motors they build, and it should be the same thing for DSMs, so they'll probably keep those around.

wow there is a ams right down my street thats so lame i loved goin over there and lookin at there dsms. This sucks espescially because not the only dsmer around here theres alot were i live and i see em all the time. Now we have to drive far to dyno :(

I definitaly dont think dsm's are over. They definitaly are not as popular or big as before. I blame this on a lot of things. Partially the internet. It takes away a lot of the fun, work, and determination of building a car. Now you just take an idea of what your looking for and find someone with a similar setup and duplicate it. Sure this doesnt apply to everyone but its the main concept. But like I said the DSM's are not as big but there are still so many cars, parts, and accessories out there to keep us afloat for a long time. Another thing that kinda irritates me is young people, yes I realize thats my category, typically grab these cars and dont understand matienence, repairs, or tuning. Usually it leads to a car thats toast afterwards. Im sorry if I offended anyone I just had to get that out.:ohdamn:

I agree. Dsm will be like the old 280z all parts isolated and sold by one or 2 vendors. Dsm parts will alway be around the car is a work of art. If you think about it Dsm put the evo in the spotlight so to speak, The success of the Dsm is what cause japan to make the decision to send over the new 4g63. I was talking to a local mitsu dealer and he stated that the evo sale has almost come to a complete halt and to stay in business they took on subaru sales instead of don jackson mitsubishi its now don jackson subaru even though they still sale mitsubishi. A sign of the times!:boring:

I agree. Dsm will be like the old 280z all parts isolated and sold by one or 2 vendors. Dsm parts will alway be around the car is a work of art. If you think about it Dsm put the evo in the spotlight so to speak, The success of the Dsm is what cause japan to make the decision to send over the new 4g63. I was talking to a local mitsu dealer and he stated that the evo sale has almost come to a complete halt and to stay in business they took on subaru sales instead of don jackson mitsubishi its now don jackson subaru even though they still sale mitsubishi. A sign of the times!:boring:

By my house people are going crazy over dsms people are sellin and buying them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back