The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Wont Start P0335, P1104, P1105

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefire16

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hey guys, i keep reading and seeing 2 different things. People keep saying CAMSHAFT and Crankshaft. Im looking for some clarification.

Now on my evo scan it says P0335 Crankshaft position sensor A Circuit Malfunction.

Now the car wasnt throwing any of these codes 2 days ago. This morning i start the car up just fine, drive 15min to work, park it. Go to start it 30mins later, and nothing.

Now all these codes appear.

And i have searched, but i just keep getting different information and frustrated.

** As for my other 2 codes, all lines have been deleted but the soleniods are still plugged in. Car has been like this for 2 years with no issues.

Thanks for the help guys!

Update: 4/12

Replaced the CPS and still NO START. Car wont crank or turn over of anything.

Any possible ideas? I really need to get this car running.

Bad MPFI relay? Bad fuse? Could be a number of things, are you getting power to everything? Could be a bad battery.. I had one that would take a charge but wouldn’t hold it. As soon as you put a load on it it would drop to like 4 - 5 V.

There is power to everything, battery is only 5-6 months old.

Fuses are all good.

MPI relay appears to be good.

I believe i am not getting power to the CPS, considering a number of other components in that same connection are not working (example: FPR solenoid, and the waste gate solenoid)

There is power to everything, battery is only 5-6 months old.

Fuses are all good.

MPI relay appears to be good.

I believe i am not getting power to the CPS, considering a number of other components in that same connection are not working (example: FPR solenoid, and the waste gate solenoid)

Have you put a volt meter to some of the sensors to verify you have no power? If I am not mistaken that is the same circuit that the ECU gets its power from... if you aren't getting power to the CPS then you aren't getting power to the ECU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys, i think i need to check the ignition and the starter, ### neither seem to be working.

What do i need to do? I never checked for voltage before.

I am trying to run off memory, so forgive me if something isn’t totally accurate. I will double check when I get home and can check the wiring diagram.

It is simply a matter of picking a starting place and either working your way forward or back (I prefer working backwards). Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on? If not then I would start at the the IDLE Control motor and work back from there. Make sure you have voltage at pins 2 and 5. If not then go the fuse box and pull the fuse for the ECU and check for voltage. I know I said I like to work backwards but both of those are in the engine compartment and “Right There” and easy to get to… If you have voltage at the fuse but not at the ISC motor then it either your MPFI relay or your ignition switch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back