The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

why will it then wont it boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamus92

Probationary Member
Apr 3, 2005
Oliver, B.C._Canada
What the heck car runs good will boost to 14psi no problem will have whiste (boost leaks I figure) then will not boost pass 9psi :cry: ..... Checked for leaks found the seal on the intake housing of the turbo leaks :notgood: .... The thing is out of know where it will boost no problem for a week then wont... :mad:

Question is am I missing something, is the boost solinod screwed, ecu, waste gate actuator.

any help would be apreciated

tnks :thumb:

Your turbo is dead. If you check for shaft play you will find you have quite a bit. A wistleing turbo is signs that the wheels are hitting the compressor and/or turbin housing(s). You can look at the compressor housing where the compressor wheel is you will probably see that it has been rubbing in which case the compressor wheel is done for.

Time to start looking for a new turbo it seems. But check for shaft play and check the wheels and housings.

checked for shaft play and there wasnt any... :confused:

Go ahead and check for boost leaks with a spray bottle and soapy water also. Post back what you find.

Did turbo seal no leaks out of there now, did leak test idle screw leaks, and throtlle shaft as well. :( took it for drive only went to 10-11psi :mad: reset ECU now goes up to 15psi then levels off at 13psi. :coy: ????? Now is that fluke or is it the boost solinoid or ecu???

I aint having very much fun :talon: :thumb:

Tnks for any more info

Another thing we switched the hoses from the solinoid and wastegate and she boosted to 23psi no problem.

a whistling turbo is no good. When that happened to me some of the fins on my turbine wheel were broken and i was not building any boost.

Sorry man not in this case. Fins were all good when I had it apart but it aint no problem now I sold it. :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back