The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

where does the stock 6 bolt head stop flowing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXftw

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2009
Medford, Oregon
So Ive been systematically upgrading my car, hitting the track with each mod/shaving time down, I was hoping to hit an 11.99 this year. I did a 12.78@110, that is the first log, 22 psi since thats all the stock WG spring allowed. I upgraded the WG spring, upped the boost to 26, and surprisingly didnt pick up ANY trap speed, ran a 12.61@110, which was pretty much only due to 60 ft. So question is WHY? I didnt drop timing, knock, IAT stayed nice and cool. I see people with a stock 6 bolt running in the 10s with mid 30s psi, so whats holding me back? I do show more lbs/min, but being on SD I imagine its just a calculation and not measured. Relevant mods are-
Cyclone intake (it is actuating right)
BC 264/272
ported 2g ex mani
TL TD05 20g
VRSF, water/meth
The longblock is stock and has some unknown miles. Stock head, valves, TB, ect. It did pop out the dipstick on this pass if thats a clue, but I leakdown tested it and they were all in the 20%s, which is where youd expect it I guess. So what should my next mods be? Thanks for looking

Attachments

• log.2013.04.26-05.elg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
  • log.2013.05.10-14.elg
    73.4 KB · Views: 30
It's definitely not the head LOL

Stock block, 20% leak down, are you on the 1G throttle elbow too?

Full weight car?

What's your 60' time?

Trap sounds about right for a 20G @ 25psi on an old low comp motor in a full weight 1G..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you worry about outflowing the stock head until you get above 900whp or something...

At any rate, I think I would be looking into at least a freshened bottom end, like someone's "stage 1" build or go with forged internals before I tried to turn it up to 30 psi.

It's definitely not the head LOL

Stock block, 20% leak down, are you on the 1G throttle elbow too?

Full weight car?

What's your 60' time?

Trap sounds about right for a 20G @ 25psi on an old low comp motor in a full weight 1G..

Full VRSF kit for piping. Yes full weight car, 60 ft is 1.78-1.85. Just mostly wondering why 4 psi made no difference at all? With my experience that means Ive maxxed the flow on a certain piece and have a bottleneck correct?

Look at the compressor map. I ran a 12.3 at 107 with a Basterd 20G in my 1G. No idea of flow. but ## looking at mid 40 lb a min. 25PSI is probly the max ## gonna get without blowing more hot air. I was also on E85. Probly why I ran what I did. Although a Buddy ran 11.9 on his 20G a few years ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back