The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Wheel/Tire sizes for drag slicks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboStutr

15+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2004
Gibsonton, Florida
I'm thinking of getting a set of slicks for my 94 Eclipse FWD. I've got a big 16g, 550's, ACT 2100, Fidanza flywheel, 2g MAF, S-AFC. I'm putting down in the area of 270 whp and I'm wondering what size slicks would be best for my setup. I've heard that a 13x8 wheel will clear my brakes, and the extra sidewall of something like a 24x8x13 would give a little on the launch. Or would something like a 22x8x15 be better with the larger wheel and less of a sidewall? And looking ahead to about 350whp is somewhat of a goal for me, so would I have to change setups eventually? Thanks for the input.

last year i ran a set of 24.5 x 8.5 x 15 M&H's and they worked good with 380whp

cool, did you run those tires with stock axles/transmission?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back