The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

SLICKS tire question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patryk

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2002
Carol Stream, IL, Kearny_NJ
well lets say you don't have the money to buy real slicks. I know slicks are suppost to be like 7psi max.

Well if i leave my stock rims on and make the tire pressure like 7PSI on my YOKOHOMA'S will that kind of simulate slicks or will that give me nothing?

What would be the best way for traction on stock tires?

i would advise not! to do that with your regular tires. the only drag slicks i have heard that run that low of air pressure are the real big drag slicks 9sec and under cars use. by running that low of air pressure i would assume you are apt to ruin your tires. the best thing to do is to lower the pressure probably about 5-8lbs and do a good burnout (if your FR). the burnout will increase the air pressure. you want the most amount of tread to grab the ground when launching.

Street tires are designed to work best when they are properly inflated (usually around 32psi) and at normal street temps so " doing a good burnout" doesn't really help anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back