The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Whats the word on eBay Exhaust Manifolds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSXEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2008
847, Illinois
Ive been looking around at older posts on eBay exhaust manifolds but havent really found any new ones. I wanna know if anyone has recently bought any of the Tubular manifolds from eBay.

ECLIPSE DSM TALON TSI GS-T GS-X 4G63 Turbo Manifold:eBay Motors (item 200417938642 end time Dec-20-09 21:05:26 PST)

Header Turbo Manifold 4G63 DSM Eclipse Talon TD05 1G 2G:eBay Motors (item 220479577383 end time Jan-09-10 17:43:06 PST)

Looking to see if anyone has had some good luck with them. I searched and found most people said they like the eBay o2 dumps or o2 manis they bought off ebay but was wondering about the Exhaust manifolds

Thats one big no no. They copied a bad design anyways, and they wont help you make more power or spool faster. You can use some knockoff stuff, but not the ebay manifolds, your BEST of porting yours or getting a FP race manifold.

From what I have read on ebay exhaust manifolds the welds tend to crack and they need new bracing to help to prevent some of the cracking due to turbo weight and movement.

Ive heard people say theres have cracked in 5k miles and others that have said theyve had theres for 2 years and has worked out AMAZING for them. So i was trying to see what others thought...

A tubular is pretty much useless on a small Mitsubishi housing. It'll pretty was much slow the spool rate down, but if you want it then why don't you test it out. It's cheap and if it work then you'll look pretty ricey.

Ive heard people say theres have cracked in 5k miles and others that have said theyve had theres for 2 years and has worked out AMAZING for them.

This pretty much sums up the answer to every single eBay question every answered on this forum. It's always a love/hate. Some will swear by it, some will swear against it.

I tell you what though, I've seen more fail than succeed in my time.

dont get it. i had one on my other talon and you cant even get all the bolts in no matter what you do because of the way its designed. and they heat up and crack real fast i would just buy an evo 3 mani and port the hell out of it trust me you will like it alot better thats what i have on my talon in my avatar pic now with a 16g and its nuts. good luck on your search for everything though hope this helps out!

I got a pretty looking one in trade. Like in the above post you cant get all the bolts on. It also places the turbo in a weird position making it harder to line up your o2 housing with your downpipe.

I will now be using this pretty peice as my coffee table decoration.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back