The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

What's a GOOD awd AUTO transmission?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catbox_95

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2004
Conroe, Texas
I've heard a little bit about IPT and visited their website. I've searched on DSMTuners a bit too and can't find much info.

I'm building a race-only '93 AWD Talon, and I am looking for a GOOD, strong, fast-shifting automatic transmission that can handle around 700 hp. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A 91-92 W4A33 tranny is a good one to use. Next time post in the Automatic forum, you will find more answers there. :thumb:

92awdgsx said:
A 91-92 W4A33 tranny is a good one to use. Next time post in the Automatic forum, you will find more answers there. :thumb:

Thanks for the advice, even so long after I originally posted. If a mod will please move this to the Automatic forum for more exposure, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Is the W4A33 tranny the stock tranny that came with 91-92 DSM's?

Catbox_95 said:
I've heard a little bit about IPT and visited their website. I've searched on DSMTuners a bit too and can't find much info.

I'm building a race-only '93 AWD Talon, and I am looking for a GOOD, strong, fast-shifting automatic transmission that can handle around 700 hp. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I would give John from IPT a call.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back