The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What size external for a o2 housing setup ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slippi84

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2005
Cinnaminson, New_Jersey
Ok I'm thinking about ditching my 38mm internal wastegate for a o2 housing mounted external wastegate but I don't know how big of a external I need to have total controll of my turbo when it's placed on the o2 housing. Of course everyone knows that a 38mm when placed either on the first runner or the collector will get the job done but on the o2 housing is a diffrent story. So between a 46mm, 50mm, and 60mm which one would you guys chose for a GT14(in case your not familiar with it just think 3065). Thanks for your ideas in advance:thumb:

you are right about it not being so straight forward when going off of the o2 housing. the 38mm ought to work good as long as you port the wastegate port. if you dont, the gate size wont really matter if the exhaust gasses are traveling through a smaller port. if you dont want to go with the 38mm, tial has the F41, a 40mm gate. i am running a smaller turbo than you (G50) with SBR's external o2 housing with a tial 38mm. anyways, hope this helps somewhat.

oldman said:
You wish :p, I wish my GT12 was a 3055! :)

Oldman I think you have been missinformed in you think otherwise. Same Chra in both turbos except the fp3065 has a slightly lager wheel. 3065 is rated to 650hp and the gt14 is rated to 600hp I think that that is close enough for the question I"m asking.

Besides the 3055 is one step down from the 3065 that would be the GT13 anyway ; )

I don't think he was talking about hp levels, I think he was referring to the FP series turbo's in general being badass compared to the SBR GT series.

Nice try, the 600 hp rating on their website is probably the same as Garrett's rating on the same CHRA/wheel combination, do you think Garret rated their turbo with the SBR bolt-on housing? Do you honestly think the internal 38mm wastegate will handle 600hp? Anyway, I think we have argued about this enough in the other thread, I was just kidding in my first post in case if you didn't notice the :p smilie so don't be so sensitive. ->:p <-

Back on topic as my gt14's performance will speak for itself in time.

I think that sbr already opens up the wastegate opening up to fit the 38mm internal and if not I could simply use a di grinder and open it up a little more and then place my then cut my dump tube and mount something like this on it http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/60mm...070950484QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . You guys that have had experience with o2 housing mounted wastegates think that a 60mm with a 14psi spring will do the trick If I plan on running atleast 20psi all the time?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back