The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

recirculated external wastegate o2 housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been talking to a few people that know their stuff about metal and they said Mild Steel that is coated would last longer and be more durable then just plain SS. When it comes to cracking, etc.

SS is definatly more expensive then steel and you wouldn't have to worry about rust. It also looks very nice when welded together right.

On the other hand...take a look at that SS housing's Wastegate entry. It shoots straight to the back of the pipe. You would think that wouldn't be to good for flow. If you look at the 122 performance entry angle its more of a flow into the downpipe stream rather then just crash into it....if you get what i mean. What I did was buy a 122 performance regular o2 housing that is re-routed for internal gate. Buy the 2 Tial flanges, cut out a section of the dump tube, and weld the flanges in according to your placement of the wastegate.

I will see if i can dig up some pictures of mine.
*edit* ok this is the best picture i could find right now...but you can see the angle the gate is. It's not stuck so far out like other o2 housing designs and the entry angle is pretty much blended with the downpipe flow. I'll still try to find the pictures of the o2 housing off.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

90blacktsiawd said:
I'm not saying that isn't the case, but for the money does it really out perform?

I can not comment on the O2 housings, but we have done back to back tests on our manifolds, and I will say there is a reason most of the fastest guys in the DSM arena will be rocking a ShearerFab manifold this season. :thumb:

coltboostin said:
I can not comment on the O2 housings, but we have done back to back tests on our manifolds, and I will say there is a reason most of the fastest guys in the DSM arena will be rocking a ShearerFab manifold this season. :thumb:
With their GT-42s to boot :D

coltboostin said:

I've been trying to call to order up a Shearer manifold, but no one answers. I even left a message, and an email. :cry:

I have the 122performance 02 housing and it definately helped my boost spike problem on my 20g (exactly like the one pictured, ext. WG re-routed back into itself setup for the HKS 40mm ext. gate)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back