The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

what Injectors and SAFC with EVO 16G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntiZeroTrip

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 12, 2004
Creston, Iowa
First let me appoligize if this belongs in another forum, I wasnt totally sure which one to put it in.

I am purchasing an EVO 16G turbo and I was looking at upgrading the fuel system to work with it for higher boost. What is a safe boost to run an EVO 16G at with just a 255lph pump upgrade? past that, I was also looking at injectors. I understand that the reccommended option is 550s but you will want a fuel management system along with it. I was looking at the Apex-i SAFC II. Will that work with my non eprom ECU? GSTowner and I were talking and he was telling me that the DSM links required Eprom and I didnt know if that was the same with an SAFC or not. Also, would supra injectors be fine for an injector upgrade?

Thanks.

A SAFC can control 550's fine, it's 650's that are harder to tune and it's pretty much useless above that.

Personaly if you have the money I would go with DSMLink and 650-750cc injectors it's WELL worth it to go DSMLink. And then you have two of the main things you need if you ever want more power.

And DSMLink requires a Eprom ECU, SAFC will work fine with either. Reasion being the DSMLink is a chip that you replace on the ECU, that alows you to control the settings. The NON-Eprom ECU's dont have this so well you can't.

ya that was my major problem with the DSM link. I dont have an Eprom ECU. Im on a budget as it stands and 550s and the SAFC seem to be the best way to go. I am really only looking to get 300 to 325 out of my setup, I dont care to go a lot higher than that. Like to keep it a daily driver. Thanks for the reply. Anyone have answers to my other questions?

on stock injectors I wouldn't run more than the stock wastegate spring. There is no reason to push your engine and possible make it run lean while you wait for injectors. Get the injectors. Another option is that if you only want 300-325 hp, then get the walbro 190, plenty of fuel for that power. Then you won't need a FPR, so that frees up about 150 bucks that can go towards the injectors.

Ill still need the SAFC regardless if I upgrade injectors wont I?

If you upgrade injectors, you will need an SAFC and a datalogger, or dsmlink

however the 190 won't need a fpr

Get 650s with 550s you wont beable to max out this turbo.By 20-22psi you will be running high idc.I would just get the 650s now so you dont have to buy another set down the line.

safc + 650's = bad IN MY OPINION

to hard to deal with the timing advance.

^ I agree

The sad truth that I have found is that to really SAVE money you buy once. So you plan ahead and buy the BETTER parts you dont need just yet but know you might/will.

If you can wait the best option IMO would be to save...save and keep saveing untill you can afford 750's and DSMLink. I am told by everyone that runs this setup they see something like 60% duty cycle with the EVO III.

crunchymilk said:
safc + 650's = bad IN MY OPINION

to hard to deal with the timing advance.

Yeah I would agree with this,but he should still get 650s and run it like that till he can get dsmlink.Otherwise hell have to buy new injectors and dsmlink.I have never used a safc so maybe I dont know how hard it really is.

the fuel part is easy, it corrects with just a few minutes, the problem is the timing advance from false airflow readings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back