The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wess Hess Passes After A Wreck -R I P

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
Wes Hess was a passenger in a mustang that got into a major car accident. I will let you read the story below. I hope everything turns out good for this dsm innovator.

Four people were injured in a fiery two-car collision Tuesday morning east of Clovis.

The crash happened north of 21st Street on Curry Road G around 11 a.m.

Ryan Carter, 21, and Wesley Hess, 31, both of Clovis, were airlifted to the University Medical Center in Lubbock, according to state police. Both were described in critical condition, according to a state police press released about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

New Mexico State Police Capt. Jimmy Glascock said Carter was driving a 2001 Ford Mustang southbound at a high rate of speed when he lost control of the vehicle and went into a broadside skid.

The Mustang hit a culvert on the east side of the road, causing the car to spin back into the roadway. The rear of the Mustang hit the front of the northbound vehicle, a 2006 four-door Chrysler. The southbound vehicle caught on fire in a field on the east side of the road.

Carter received burn injuries.

Hess was a passenger in the Mustang.

The driver of the northbound vehicle, Lisa Sanders, 48, and her husband, Larry Sanders, 55, both of Farwell, were treated at Plains Regional Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries, Glascock said.

This is sad to hear. I hope everyone turns out to be ok and will keep them in our prayers. This though is another reason to everyone to keep street driving to the state posted limits and excessive speeds on the tracks. Please all keep this in mind next time you are on the streets. Keep these guys in your prayers though.

HOLY.....####ING....SHIT! Wes Hess is such an awesome guy! He built my cylinder head for me this summer and had plans for other things for him to make. OMG.

My prayers go out to all that were involved and PLEASE WES make it through this!!! :cry::cry::cry:

James :laser::talon:

I think it would be nice if everyone that knows him or even if you dont know him, call his shop or email him. He is an awesome person, an innovator as stated by 1992AWDLASER, and just a great human being. This summer, i was talking to my stepfathers friends who use to be into DSM's heavily, has owned 10 or so. During the convo, i was talking to him about my cylinder head getting rebuilt and he asked me who was doing it. Before that, he had mentioned a guy who use to live in Oley, Pa, who was doing crazy work on 4g63 motors and how much of a cool guy he was. He said that was many many years ago, and had lost touch with him.

That person he was referring to was Wes Hess, i got chills thinking about how that you can relate to someone who you dont know very well, by way of another person who works on cars. And have a conversation about the past and present of Wes and it was so cool. finally, he said that if Hess is building you head, you wont have any problems with it. Word of mouth is so crucial in a business and it makes me proud to own a cylinder head built by Wes.

Sorry for the rant, but, he was just so cool to talk to, and i wont ever forget my experiences.

I have never heard of this man, but he has affected DSMers, so I care about him.
Let's hope he pulls through!

His website is hesspower.com, btw. Go there. Good shit!. And lofty, go to bed, Santa Claus doesnt like when the kiddies are still up when he comes through. :D

EDIT: Just contacted the hospital, i can't go into his condition but he is in critical condition and still breathing. I am going to give his wife a call tomorrow and give her the best Christmas wish ever.

His website is hesspower.com, btw. Go there. Good shit!. And lofty, go to bed, Santa Claus doesnt like when the kiddies are still up when he comes through. :D

LOL The young jokes will never end.
Santa brought me a new jack and jackstands already, he must be familiar with Dsms.
I'll be sure to check out his site, if you can vouch for him that much, it seems he's worth taking a look into.
Thanks Vette.

Welcome. And you have no idea. I talked to him for 45 minutes about my cylinder head on my way home from Ohio this summer. Everyone in the car was annoyed but i didn't care. Its only once and a blue moon that you talk to a very special person.

I know what that's like :(
The website he has shows a 01 mustang as the recent build... is this the one that was involved?

hey guys, i just typed in hesspower.com on my search thingy, and nothing came up. so i went to google and typed in wes hess and a the second or third link says R I P wes. WTF i but im pretty sure hes still holding on cause at the bottom of the thread his brother says he is... oh and its posted on a thread on honda-tech, pffft, figures. i dont know this guy, but still, we are all dsmer's and it doesnt matter if we know him or not, we should be praying for him. HOPE YOU PULL THROUGH THIS WES.

Couple things guys:

He is still alive but still in critical condition. I know what his condition is by I'm not getting into it.

It was the red turbo mustang that is on his site.

He was planning on moving back to PA in the near future.

That's a shame... hopefully they'll be ok. More importantly hopefully they'll learn from their stupid mistake. Street racing is so reckless, one of the reasons why DSMTuners doesn't allow it. It's one thing to have fun with your car but it's a completely different story when you act reckless and put your life in danger, or worse someone elses. :toobad: :notgood:

All I'm going to say is thank goodness the people in the other car weren't seriously injured.

Aww man that is terrible. This is one of the reasons I hate Mustangs...they are very dangerous. I hate RWD. I have a friend who was in a coma for 5 months and is NOW kinda brain dead from wrecking a shity mustang. And my other friends, rolled a mustang on the freeway... TOO much power, NOT enough traction. :notgood:

Ford Explorers and Mustangs are death traps.

I sure hope Wes can pull through this. And then after that don't build anymore shitstangs and dont ride in them with 21 year old Noob Drivers.

^ I hear you, definitely not a safe car considering all the mods you can do to it. AWD doesn't lose traction like that - at least not that easily.

From the info on another board, his injuries are very serious. Even if can pull through, he's probably not going to be the same. :(

It's one thing to have fun with your car but it's a completely different story when you act reckless and put your life in danger, or worse someone elses. :toobad: :notgood:.

They were street tuning it. You know, the same thing just about everybody on this site does during a third gear pull. And when you "have fun" on the street, 99% of the time it will be through at least an entire gear. Hmm, sounds basically like the same thing they were doing to me. Please keep your negative comments out of this thread, anymore will get deleted.

This is the Chrysler, apparently. No sign of the Mustang. Bad stuff. Best hopes.

Attachments

• copythis.jpg
    copythis.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 692
Couple things guys:

He is still alive but still in critical condition. I know what his condition is by I'm not getting into it.

It was the red turbo mustang that is on his site.

He was planning on moving back to PA in the near future.

So I was right.

There is a chance that he will be normal again.
I know people who had to re learn how to walk and they're pretty much the same.
Don't give up hope so soon.

Also, to the people saying he shouldn't have been racing.
Stop making assumptions, you weren't there, you have no idea what happened.
Enough.

Sad indeed. A 3rd gear pull for our cars puts at the 100 mph mark. A Mustang has shorter gears so if was doing a 3rd gear pull he was probably going over 100. Anyway you look at it. The street was not a place to do this.

They were street tuning it.

Obviously going too fast for the conditions. Lucky nobody in the oncoming car got seriously hurt.

Please keep your negative comments out of this thread, anymore will get deleted.

Sounds like they caused the accident by driving to fast. I can understand that that it was wrong for VTEC_THIS to imply that they were street racing, but the sentence you quoted from him was a good one to go by.

And I hope you don't consider this negative, cause it would be a shame to see the mods on this site pick and choose what they agree with being relevant in their eyes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back