The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

WELDED AN to sender vent oops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer Fabrications

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sooo i got everythin assembled and primed the fuel pump to check for gas leaks after welding AN fittings on my feed and return.

Well i realized that i may have welded the fitting onto my vent port (previously at charcoal can when stock) and not my return.

When i primed the pump pressure was good but fuel started pissing out of my cut return.

I believe the fix here is welding another fitting onto the proper return and put the line on that port, then what should i do with the actual vent port? I was thinking if attaching another 90* fitting with a AN to barb and connect it to the old vent barb that comes out in the engine bay by the battery. This should fix everything right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 127
Heres what it looks like now.

And heres what it should have looked like :(
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
The ther option for the vent is to run an AN line somewhere other then the oem location (rear?) prob keep it oem though.

I'd have to check my own setup in daylight, but I'm pretty sure the top barb (which you have the rubber hose on) is the return line. I think the middle one is the suction hose from the other side of the tank and I think the big one is the main feed. The vapour hose is not on the sending unit, it's a separate little gizmo that sits on the very top of the tank near the back in the middle. Like I said, it'll have to wait til daylight tomorrow for me to confirm the order on the sending unit, but the vapour hose is for sure, that's not on the sending unit.

Checked it in daylight. Order is confirmed. Going from your first photo, the barb with the rubber hose is the return, the bung immediately below it is the suction from the other side, and the big blue sucker next to it is the main feed.

Yeah i was confident in which is the feed.

So here is what I'll do, I'll use the 90* -6 male/female, attach that to a -6 to barb connection i have and run rubber to the suction line where it was. And I'll weld the fitting on the other one and swap the line.

There arent any low profile weld bungs that aren't so wide at the base are there? I can always grind otherwise.

The more i look at it the bigger of an oops i realize this is. Even if i get another bung welded on they are so close that the fittings probably won't be able to tighten without binding on eachother...:(

Anyone got a 2g awd sending unit they wanna part with?

So i figured out why i effed up. The siphon line is thicker then the return!! The OD IS ALMOST THE EXACT ID of -6. Why would the return be smaller? Anyway thanks to paul and ziggy the low profile bung looks like it should work!

Someone wanna tell me why return is smaller?

Yup, the return is the smallest of the bunch. The reasoning might lie along the lines that for a stock setup (and let's face it, cars are designed for the stock setup) there would never be a need to return huge amounts of fuel. That'd be my guess.

Alright so thanks paul for sending a low profile bung.

Everything works out!

I hust primed the system and verified an increase from 43.5psi to 53psi wowza! Turned back down and verified no leaks shes ready to go out! For a tune after an oil change!

Check out the clearance between the two -6's when installed.

Two blue are feed and return

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 99
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back