The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

weird idle when shifting or slowing down

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Talon 671

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
So my car will idle fine on cold or warm starts no idle surge but when i start to drive and shift through gears my idle acts weird like i will shift like at 3-3.5 it will act like i am holding gas and clutch at the same time when i shift but i am not and if i shift at 3000rpm i can take my foot off the gas or just put in neutral and the rpms will stay at 3000 it won't slowly go down it will just stay there until i press to brake and when i am almost at a complete stop it will drop from 3000- 750 so i need some help on how to fix this

i have replaced the maf,iac,tps,cleaned throttle body i checked the throttle cables and did a boost leak test still have this problem

I know you said you checked the cables, but check again where the cable comes out of the cruise control box. I had this issue and it wound up being the cable coming out of there breaking and getting pulled tighter than it should have been.

If not that, try some intake cleaner.

Sounds like the throttle cables are getting stuck. Makes sense since you are on and off the throttle on a couple of gear changes. If you have cruise that makes sense. I would double check that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back