The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Water Pump Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theNEWguy101

Probationary Member
Jan 20, 2012
wttn, Wisconsin
i recently installed a new head gasket and new belts. i have taken the water pump pully off at least 6 times n this last time i put it on it leaks. i havnt removed the the pump itself just the pully a couple times. its a drip every couple seconds when idling. when reving it up it tends to leak more. now what i want to know is what are the possible places it could be leaking. i think it could leak from the gasket? or from the o ring?? just trying to find more info before i tear it apart. thanks to all who reply

just for informational reasons. i drive a 93 laser 1.8 non turbo.

If you haven't broken the seal around the edge of the WP, and fiddled with the pulley many times I would place my bets on the the shaft seal being the leaky culprit.

The WP can leak from a few places.
-the output oring seal
-the flat gasket surface
-the shaft seal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back