The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Water Pump Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Make sure you clean the gasket surface with a razor blade. Apply RTV on the water pump and THEN attach the gasket to the water pump. Let it sit for a night and then smear some on the other side of the gasket and bolt it on.

dthquazi1 said:
I have put on and taken off my water pump 3 times and it keeps leaking. I have tried putting ultra gray on both sides and still leaks. Any suggestions.

-I have better luck with copper gasket spray adhesive along with a paper gasket, make sure the mating surfaces are clean; dry and smooth.

rtv and more tourqe. New pump? does it definately leak at teh gasket? when the bearings go theres a weep hole drilled through the housing to the shaft behind the bearings meant to leak if bearings are shot.

I've never had a problem using Permatex Ultra Blue 77B with a paper gasket. Make sure you use a new real gasket - not some paste/tube stuff that is supposed to replace or create a gasket - they rarely work on water pumps. Also make sure it isn't leaking from the o-ring and just running down making it look like it's from the gasket. The o-ring MUST be installed correctly or it will definately leak.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back