The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Water Lines on GT30r

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Maybe I'm confusing myself. But what do you do for the water lines on a Garrett GT30r turbo? Can you reuse the stock lines and maybe rebend them? I just haven't heard too much about how to hook up the water lines to a Garrett GT30r.

No 50 trim for me, I'm very interested in the Garrett GT30r. ;)
Thanks!

the gt30r uses 14mm banjo fittings. i asked the same question a few days ago. i could be wrong because i dont have one in front of me but im pretty sure the mitsubishi turbos use 14mm banjos for the waterlines also. Being a new vendor and having sooo many turbo options I am trying to become familiar with all the various specs on everything as there are so many different setups. The GT3076R is sold from Garrett as a center cartridge and compressor cover(4in inlet 2in outlet surge cover). I actually have one coming to me from my supplier as we speak. Whats good about this is its sold cheaper this way and i can customize it for my customers with either a mitsu housing which bullseye power has kindly gone and made for this turbo or one of the garrett T3 options .63 AR .82AR 1.06AR. The 3071R is a little bit more confusing as garrett has this turbo in a few different configurations.

You can make the stock lines work if you are careful, and most likely it won't be too pretty when it is done. Most shops have there own way of doing coolant lines, so you may find many different answers to your question. I have a simple and attractive solution if you are interested, shoot an e-mail over or give a call if you are interested.

I used all my stock lines. Not saying it was the best choice but I have had no problems to date.

as flloyd said yes u can use ## stock lines. "Most" garrett turbos, in the new GT ballbearing lineup at least, use 14mm banjos. The GT42R and larger turbos use 18mm banjos. i can also get a garrett "GT cool kit" that has new banjo bolts washers and banjo fittings( i think they are -4AN) but its something like 59.95$. You would have to get creative with the lines but that is an alternative if u didnt want to use the stock lines. To be honest i would use the stock lines myself and throw in some new copper washers, get some new fuel hose to connect to the water pipes, bolt it up and be done with it

IMSmotorsports said:
LOL just got in. ill check it now

1min later - you sure u left a message?

I meant that I called Ron Shearer. I guess I should order the manifold before the turbo... or the turbo before the manifold... or the chicken before the egg... suggestions?

Thanks for the help you all! Keep the discussion going about the Garrett GT30r.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back