The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

WARNING: Ebay brake hose explosion & ATP accel cable sticking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick feedback on some parts issues i've had recently.

1. HYDRA-BRAKES (ebay) stainless steel braided brake hose EXPLODED. $60 for the set. First, they didn't really bolt on like stock (wrong sizes and routing). When I was at my first rallycross event of the season, my brake petal suddenly was sinking to the floor and i lost almost ALL my braking. I saw fluid sprayed everywhere and removed my wheel and found that the brakeline had ruptured and exploded. I have installed S.S. lines on tons of cars and never had this happen. I don't think these kits are really tested or certified- STAY AWAY. I bought brand new Dorman lines from RockAuto and have been happy ever since.

2. My ATP accelerator cable, brand new, has very high friction and is "sticky". This is annoying and could even be a safety hazard if it seizes with the throttle open. This may be a single item defect, and not a across-the-board namufacturing issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back