The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bolton Premiere (ebay) slotted and dimpled rear brake discs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking for new rear brake rotors because my car has been sitting for awhile, and I'm slowly getting it back on the road. As a result, they've basically morphed into disc-shaped mounds of rust in the shape of brake rotors. I was looking for something inexpensive and slotted or blank to match my Brembo's up front. I was also looking for something with rust-proof coating. I was looking on ebay and came across these brake discs. They're sold by several different vendors, but it appears to be the same product based on price and picture. I ordered these from carpartswholesale. I thought about how stupid it would look to have slotted in the front and slotted and dimpled in the rear, but for the price with the zinc coating I decided it was worth a shot.

The package arrived rather quickly, and the discs looked awesome. I finally got a chance to install them today. I removed my rusty old rotors, sprayed the new ones with break cleaner and tried to slide them on. The holes lined up, but the parking brake shoes were in the way. Rotated the parking brake adjustment knob/lever a few clicks, and tried again. Nope, parking brake shoes still in the way. They only problem now was the shoes were in as far as they could go. I measured the old rotor with the new one. Old rotor inside hub diameter was about 6.5 inches. New rotor inside hub diameter..... about 6 inches.

I promptly re-inserted the discs into the plastic bags and put them back in the box they came in for a return. Obviously there's no customer help line or anything, which I was aware of, but at least I have the option of returning them (minus the shipping charges which will probably be a lot due to how much these things weight, but...). It's possible that I was sent the wrong part, but I feel like I took a chance on them in the first place and it didn't work out. The attached pic is from the seller's ebay ad. I had planned on taking pics of them installed, but since they didn't fit that wasn't an option anymore.

Attachments

• discs.JPG
    discs.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,049
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back