The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Want to repaint my car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magik95

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
aurora, Colorado
I was thinking about repainting the talon. This is my 83 Iroc Z28. Its House of color chamelon gold to red. Thinking of painting my talon this color. Opinions.
Note: minus the black pearl racing stripes.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get pricing first.

I mixed three quarts of PPG Harlequin Green-to-Violet for a local bodyshop a couple years back because a customer of theirs wanted her brand new Prius painted that color. The paint alone cost the body shop $1500....that doesn't include reducer, clear, hardener, or any other materials.

Get pricing first.

I mixed three quarts of PPG Harlequin Green-to-Violet for a local bodyshop a couple years back because a customer of theirs wanted her brand new Prius painted that color. The paint alone cost the body shop $1500....that doesn't include reducer, clear, hardener, or any other materials.

Me and my little bro painted the camaro. It cost me 3.5k in materials. My cosuin can get it for me now for half that.:D

No they don't. The car looks like glass. Try to find better pics of it. She is in a storage box in California gave the car to my baby bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi i worked for dupont for 5 years and any house of colors paint u buy is dupont brand paint....ive ran quart cans and stopped the machine.....switched out labels...and kept on running.....just thought yall should know:thumb:

I really like it, I'm considering doing something like that on the Talon I paint this next spring. It looks wild and it's definitely not something you see on a daily basis. Go for it!

fyi i worked for dupont for 5 years and any house of colors paint u buy is dupont brand paint....ive ran quart cans and stopped the machine.....switched out labels...and kept on running.....just thought yall should know:thumb:

Wow never knew that. So is it cheaper?

Ill probably start at the end of winter on mine.

I don't like the color, it kind of looks brown. And I think color changing paint is better on cars with sharp lines so you can see the differences in reflections. Also, I think it's very "90's".

Just my personal opinion on it.

Cool, let's all go to Sears and get some of those 90's tri-spoke wheels. LOL

I remember these pics from 2 or 3 years ago! You guys spend way too much on paint. $94 shipped will get you everything to single stage a car. i sprayed 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear. My First ever paint job I stole some of my brothers clear coat for this. clear coat with reducer and hardener is $74. i never got to wet sand the car either

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back