The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Victor Reinz mls exhaust manifold gasket OR cheap manifold LEAKING?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I never started the car but I bought a vr mls manifold gasket and during a boost leak test it leaked like crazy... I've since torn the engine down to rebuild for 600ish hp before I ever ran it. Got a pte 6165 turbo, manley internals, built head, hks 272s, 3in v band tbe, bunch of other stuff you get the idea.... But I am running this ebay cast manifold (looks like an fp manifold only it's for t3) the surface (to the head) looks well machined flat so I guess my question is, is it a problem with the gasket or a problem with the manifold? Because on this build i have mostly all the parts to finish the engine part of the build but Im probably going to run SD so boost leaks won't really come into play except its gonna hurt performance some..

Even though this manifold is cheap, the turbo literally fits perfect in there when I tested the size of everything.. So that's a little bit of a plus. Altho id love to have a top mount.

Pics are of my old 60 trim/stock motor setup. Same t3 manifold though

Attachments

• 0312161631.jpg
    0312161631.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 0525161313.jpg
    0525161313.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I ended up using a regular fel pro After that one and sealed it with copper gasket maker and it sealed via boost leak test, but I never ran it before I decided I wanted to build it up and now I still had the v.r in the package so I was thinking about using that for this build but what's a good one to use if that's not

Its early here but im 99% sure boost leak test doesnt check exhaust. Unless you plugged up your exhaust. Either way i would say your manifold prob has a low spot. You can check it with a machinist straight edge. Ive always run mls exhaust gaskets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back