The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

used BM tranny LSD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defrag010

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
n/a, Alabama
hey guys,
one of my friends in town is parting out his car and he offered to give me his used BM tranny LSD for my car. He used it for about 3000 miles and it worked good.
I'm wondering if I can do anything to the LSD to counteract the affects of being used, such as putting shims on the springs?
How long does a BM LSD usually last before it starts slipping?

well 3000 miles isnt very long. im not sure how long they last( i only had mine for 4 months and really liked it)...what i would be more worried about is how the hell is he going to take it out and put it in yours? have you ever installed one? goodluck :talon:

yeah. I've installed one before, but it was not on my car and it was new. It's no problem getting it out and putting in your transmission. You could just use some clamps to compress it and then latch the ends and install it like it was new.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back