The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

UICP Install Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2004
St. Louis, Missouri
Hi, I tried installing my Dave Brode UICP last night and ran into a few problems.

1. I didn't jack the car up, since I was at my friend's house and he didn't have a jack, and I took my spare out a while ago (doh). I tried taking out the two screws in front of the wheel, and both broke. The main problem is that with the bolts off, it feels like the top portion of the splash guard (above the screen portion) is still attached to something and will not come off.

2. My stock UICP goes all the way down past the metal sheet to the SMIC area, and in the VFAQ it looks like stock outlet elbow goes up past that sheet (bottom 2 pictures at http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Brode.html) Is mine just weird or was that supposed to come with the UICP?

3. I only have the pipe itself and nothing to attach it to the small rubber IC elbow that connects to the SMIC. Will I need some sort of coupler for this?

Thanks for any help.

My Talon has screws and clips that hold the plastic piece to the splash guard. It might just be an issue of having to muscle it past the fender. Take your wheel off because there is a VERY good chance that there are screws that you can't see/get to. I always believed that the 45* coupling came with the UICP. You may want to call and ask. Good luck.

Take a look at the link to buy the Brode UICP. I got mine used and it came with everything pictured but the gasket. The install was pretty straight forward like the link, but I didn't have to pull off the tire to remove the trim panel. I'm going to get the Dejontool s-pipe to harden the rest later :thumb:.

Will the 45 degree elbow be needed or is it possible to reuse the stock one?

I have the same UICP also. I didn't have any couplers. So I made my own out of some tubing from another vehicle. Cut it at the angle I wanted and attached it with some clamps.

You can see the hose that I used that connects to the IC area. I was worried about leaks. But I did a leak test afterwards and I didn't have any leaks at all.

Attachments

• IMAG1215.JPG
    IMAG1215.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 156
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back