The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

turboing my 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottypimppin

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2009
essex, Maryland
ok i just rebuilt my head and did my timing belt water pump, cosmetic head gasket arp head suds, i was just wondering would i be ok turboing my car and how much psi would be safe?

I wouldn't boost past 8 psi until you redo the bottom end...

depends on the octane rating. if you run e85 you may be able to run more even without an intercooler.

you can easily destroy your motor if you are not careful.

have fun!

Please do not listen to these people who dont have a 420a. If everything engine wise is running okay, you can run up to 12psi if you tune it correctly but most people like to keep it around 7-8psi on the stock bottom end. You will not need bigger injectors, afc, or e85. You will, however, need a 255hp fuel pump and at least a 12:1 fmu with stock injectors if you want 8psi or less.

Please do not listen to these people who dont have a 420a. If everything engine wise is running okay, you can run up to 12psi if you tune it correctly but most people like to keep it around 7-8psi on the stock bottom end. You will not need bigger injectors, afc, or e85. You will, however, need a 255hp fuel pump and at least a 12:1 fmu with stock injectors if you want 8psi or less.

listen to this guy. Most 420a's can run 8-10 safely with no issues just make sure you do a compression test and research before you dive in treadstone and hahn have great turbo kits for our cars.

tegster1 what turbo kit did yu put on it? an where is it from ( site/store wise)

### cars did yu get them off? im tryin to peice one togeather but dnt no where to start

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...uild-420a-stage-2-turbo-kit-under-1000-a.html

This is a great starting point...I did the same thing as tegster, pieced it all together over a course of about 6 months. Boy was I happy when I started putting it all together! You can easily keep the cost under $1000 if you buy quality used parts. Start on craigslist and ebay- Most turbo parts are universal for the 420a.

I suggest starting with the fuel system. This can be done long before the turbo, so try a walbro 255 fuel pump to start. It's a fun little project. Then decide if you want to run a FMU, SFMU, or maybe something better. We're all here to help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back