The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91 Eclipse

Probationary Member
Mar 10, 2005
Stoughton, Wisconsin
I posted this in the NT-Turbo Conversions sub forums but it didnt get enough attention. I was wondering what I all needed to convert my 4G63 NT to a 4G63 T. I am planning on getting a T3/T4 Turbo and replacing everything. I am erbuilding the pistons, connecting rods, springs, retainers, head, and buying intercooler wastegate, BOV etc. I need the complete list of what I need to make this work to the fullest and I need ratios, sizes, everything thanks again.
Chad

One word search

Also what are your goals, how much boost you want to run, because if it's 400-450 or less a stock 4g63t will get you there and may be cheaper than trying to make your 4g63 work. You will need

turbo
turbo ecu
inter cooler and piping and bov
retap your oil pan and head for turbo oil return and feed lines
bigger fuel pump
stock 450cc injectors actully more like 650 with a t3/t4
turbo air intake assembly
turbo intake mainfold
turbo exhust intake, better to buy a 2g or evo or custom to fit that t3/t4 your set on
boost guage
if using the non turbo head replace the cams with turbo ones or hks or somthing else
if rebuild ing the engine the only real difference is the lower compression pistons and oil injectors in each cylinder. Also if your gonna rebuild it better go with 1g rods and 2g pistons.
all the gaskets.
turbo tb
new hg, not sure again how much hp or how much boost your shooting for, but use ARP head bolts for sure, and if you rebuild the bottom end use ARP bolts as well (cheap insurence)
a better exhust in fact a exhust off a turbo car or aftermarket like RNR, you need a O2 housing as well
AFPR
fuel control
NGK plugs gapped to .028
new wires

I really need to know the goals you have this is a start, but if you push over 250HP which a t3/t4 will get you way over that you need to upgrade the tranny and clutch

I can say all the parts you need, but I have stock parts up there and aftermarket. Need more info

Derek :dsm:

1993TalonTsiAWD said:
I really need to know the goals you have this is a start, but if you push over 250HP which a t3/t4 will get you way over that you need to upgrade the tranny and clutch

I can say all the parts you need, but I have stock parts up there and aftermarket. Need more info

Why would he need to upgrade his tranny? I thought our trannys were strong enough for atleast 300 hp...or unless your talking about his stock nt tranny...if so...my bad ;)

harjms said:
Why would he need to upgrade his tranny? I thought our trannys were strong enough for atleast 300 hp...or unless your talking about his stock nt tranny...if so...my bad ;)

If he's thinking of a t3/t4 turbo I'm sure he want's over 300HP. Our tranny's act funny around 250 or so, plus the clutch will go or starting slipping at about that same torque. The tranny and clutch aren't maxed out in horse power,but torque. As for the nt tranny vs turbo tranny not sure, I think there the same, but the clutch may be different. also his stock tranny will fail as mine and your's will. The syncros will go out sometime, most before 120k, but most aroung 130-150k. Not dure how many miles is on his, but since he plans to rebuild the engine he has to pull the tranny also, so why not upgrade it while out of the car, will svae him time and money later on.

It will at least cost 3000 or so for most of the stuff, could be up to 10,000 when all done, plus if he pays someone to do it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back