1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Turbo A/F Ratio

Posted by eclipse420ags, Jan 24, 2012

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Hey guys so I just installed a stage 2 Hahn kit recently and a Aeromotive 1309 fpr instead of the crappy one that comes with the kit. Is it ok to run boost with just that (93 octane/8.5 compression btw)?

2. DSM nOOb

DSM nOOb Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    You need to be able to see what is going on inside the motor, without the proper tools to manage your fuel boost etc no it is not safe.

560  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  3. eclipse420ags

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    I do have a boost guage and its set at 8 psi but no wideband.

4. DSM nOOb

DSM nOOb Proven Member

Joined May 17, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    On something with such extensive modification that was never meant to run on forced induction I wouldn't recommend anything more than 4 psi without the ability to monitor wideband A/F and personally I wouldn't run any boost without the ability to monitor it as well as make adjustments to fuel timing etc.

560  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 2G DSM
  5. kronus

kronus Proven Member

Joined Jan 15, 2006
    Provo, Utah
    Get a wideband. Want to know your AF ratio? Welp, that's the only way you'll know, and will be the safest way to know whether or not you're about to blow up your motor.

6. gusu

gusu Proven Member

Joined Sep 9, 2009
    Keizer, Oregon
    Have you done anything for fuel and tuning? 16g turbos run the stock 450 injectors on the turbo DSMs pretty hard at just 10 PSI.

7. manifestmessiah

manifestmessiah Proven Member

Joined Mar 26, 2011
    Ravenswood, West Virginia

True but he's running it on an NA. Without proper tuning and monitoring software he has a good chance of doing some damage to his motor.

Street Build 489  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  8. dsmlover07

dsmlover07 Proven Member

Joined Jan 13, 2012
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Proper tuning devices will help you save your engine.

9. eclipse420ags

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Ok I do have the Hahn Portfueler at the house but wasnt gonna put that in till next week ill drive real easy till then.