The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Tsudo 3'' Downpipe Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was able to pick up a new d/p at the local shop on sale for one hundred bucks. The quality on the pipe looked good, but I had no idea about performance. Only complaint so far I had about the product would be the fact that it bottles down 2.5'' at the flanges. This pipe completely eliminates the cat as well. Gaskets and hardware were included, which was a plus. Old d/p came off pretty easily, and then went on to test-fitting the new Tsudo piece. Bolted right up to the turbo, but doesn't fit perfectly up to a cat-back system (downpipe is about 2'' too long). I had to hack part of the cat-back off to make it fit. Make sure the flange on the cat-back is of decent size, otherwise, you'll need to get a bigger flange, as mine on my cat-back was way too small. The whole process took about 2.5 hours to complete. Started the car up and a difference was noticed from idling. Car is a tad louder at idle, and is much louder at WOT. Not too loud or annoying for when you're cruising down the freeway at about 80. Turbo spools a lot quicker, and is much more audible. For only 100 bucks, I can't complain on this pipe except for the bottling down at the flanges. Overall, a decent piece for the three months I've owned it, and no leaks whatsoever yet. The owner of the shop "claims" a lifetime warranty on this pipe, but only time will tell. Furthermore, I would reccomend this downpipe to anyone on a budget and looking to get maximum gains for minnimal cash.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back