The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Transmission won't shift into gear when running..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepypsi

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 3, 2008
Star, North_Carolina
I have a 1990 Eagle Talon tsi and when I first got it it was hard to get it to shift into gear because you had to press the clutch all the way to the floor. Now the car won't go into gear at all it just grinds. I can put it in gear when its off and crank it in first and it'll move. I've bled the clutch and it didn't help. Do you think it could be the slave cylinder? It looks like its been leaking. The car has a new act2600 and ss clutch. Thanks for any advice!!!

Did you look under the rubber boot where the slave cylinder is? IT should be dry in there, if not, replace the slave cylinder.

well the 3 most common things that would cause this are, slave cylinder,master cylinder or the clutch fork . the first two are eazy to check you can do this by looking the fork on the other hand your going to have to pull the trans..... imho its going to be the slave or fork thats causing you this issue

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back