The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Torque Converter Color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97gst_spyder

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
I'm about to start on an auto awd swap on my Spyder. I have been going through all the parts just making sure everything is good to go.

Here's the question of the night.

Are stock 98 Talon awd's torque converters blue? If not anyone know what brand it is and if its ok to run?

Thanks!

No one knows?

I have a 98 converter and its not painted. Someone might have just painted it, or its a reman one.

It's probably just a rebuilt converter. Most companies paint them black or blue.

Precision torque convertors are painted a light blue. They are a "stock replacement" type of aftermarket torque convertor rebuilding company. They usually have a small white sticker with a build date on the face of the convertor. I've never had any problems with Precision convertors, if that's what you have.

It's definitly light blue. But no sticker. I'll have to get pics and try and find some numbers on it tomorrow.

All of the Precision Industries billet converters I've ever seen (including mine) have been pink with no labels. Never seen a blue one before.

All of the Precision Industries billet converters I've ever seen (including mine) have been pink with no labels. Never seen a blue one before.

I can't speak about the billet cover convertors, but the OEM replacement lineup is painted blue. I used the OEM line in my transmission shop for about three years with no problems. Personnally, I'd prefer a Precision to a Dacco or other aftermarket stock replacement. The only reason that I stopped using them is that there is no one locally stocking them any more.

OP; there are many aftermarket torque convertor companies that build a great replacement convertor (they're all just rebuilding the stock convertors). The bottom line is "did it work before?" If it was working before starting the rebuild, then it will probably be just fine.

We'll find out tonight if its a decent converter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back