The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Too low for insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashram

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2005
columbia, South_Carolina
Hello everyone I'm having a big problem right now. Geico is threatning to drop my insurance coverage if i don't go back to factory height. This whole problem started from a tow truck operator telling Geico that my car only had an inch of clearance from the ground, which is total b.s. . My car is lowered 2 inches on gold line springs. I went to the geico center today to get my cars ride height inspected the lady measured my cars height at the bumper and got 4 inches of clearance. Is this the correct way to measure a cars ride height? I think that she should've measured it at the side not the front bumper.
What really makes me mad is that i had my car inspected at pep boys about a year ago and it passed the height inspection. So I get it inspected a year later by some secretary and I fail inspection. Is this legal, I mean would'nt geico have to prove that my cars ride height poses a threat to me and the drivers around me. I've had geico for 6 years now so based on this policy they have been insuring a car that is unsafe to drive for the last six years.
If anyone has been through this problem before please give me some info.

My policy is getting renewed in a couple months with AAA. I guess I should tell them I am no longer an Automatic.

maybe i will throw all my mods in as well to make sure I am covered.

Hey, guys I just changed insurance company and premiums went up due to equipment violations. I never heard of a none moving violation affecting insurance rates. I did not know where else to post this so sorry. Anyone in the same boat?:mad:

All State tried to do that to me with my Camaro and we just ended up swapping to Travelers and never had a problem since. I've had two Starions, two AWD 1G's and a 3G GT all with mods and they have never questioned me.

I would like to know what they are saying is causing your coverage to go up.

When asking a question it's always great to fully explain yourself. I've never had an insurance question me for mods. If you are talking about burnt out light or something or parking ticket, well I've never heard of that either. I would change companies if I were you. I just noticed your in Virginia and you have a bodykit. I think the Virginia part says enough. They are strict on everything involving cars there.

Thanks for the input everyone. My violations where improper exhaust (N1), improper display of license plate (in the windshield), and the other was altered suspension. Anyways I was first quoted by AIG for about $1000 every six months which was cheaper than what I was paying before so I went ahead and switched over. I did everything on the web I payed for the first three months in early Jan07. I just recieved a letter in the mail about 3 weeks later saying they had to adjust my premiums due to those violations.($300+ increase) I will probably try to go some other company and see what they quote me for. Hopefully they will refund the difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back