The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Tokico/Skunk2 help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheapTalon

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2004
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I just bought some new suspension for my car that includes Tokico Illuminas, Skunk2 Coilovers and a Prothane Full Bushing kit. Before putting it on I have a few questions about the installation:

I have read about cutting the bumpstops, and even perch and wondered which was necessary? Will Skunk2's fit on these struts fine? I know that Koni's have a special setup for GC coilovers and need to know if modifications need to be done to have my Skunk2's set correctly.

I am only looking to lower the car roughly 1.5 inches. Is it best to lower the same all the way around, or like 1 inch in front 1.5 in back (since spring sets are always more in back)? And will I only need a camber kit for the rear of the car (looking to use home-made kit from VFAQ.com)?

I am just looking for some advice, and assurance that these parts will work together properly and not fight each other and make things worse. Sport Compact Car talked all about the effects of overlowering your car and how important it is to tune suspension and now im worried that ill just think my car handles better, when in reality it is a lot worse. I assume things should go together fine, but i just wanna make sure before hand to prevent anything bad and make sure i get the best setup i can. Any advice for something i might've missed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DSMs seem to handle better with the front lowered more than the rear, keeping the rear roll center up. Lowering the front 1.5" will require that you cut the front bumpstops. Illuminas are OK with the springrates that Skunk2s probably come with, but you do want to remove the perches to get the sleeves to sit straight.

- Jtoby

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back