The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Time to retune the cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea I am having the same problems I am runnning way lean I had to low my boost and up the FP. My EGTs are lower though for some reason I only hit 1475- 1500 now with the cold weather and the winter fuel? More oxygen in the fuel would mean a higher EGT temp though??? I am also getting slighly more knock as well.

TSIfreek said:
Yea I am having the same problems I am runnning way lean I had to low my boost and up the FP. My EGTs are lower though for some reason I only hit 1475- 1500 now with the cold weather and the winter fuel? More oxygen in the fuel would mean a higher EGT temp though??? I am also getting slighly more knock as well.

egt is related to timing,so you cant completly base egt off lean or rich

My base timing hasnt changed from summer still at 5*

I thought this was common knowledge.. Maybe just for the hardcore tuners.

overdoseheroin said:
ya cuz im sure your the most hardcore of them all. :rolleyes:

You obviously took that the wrong way, just like 90% of the pueriles that read it did. So, let me explain it in a way that you may understand what I meant.

Anyone that has done their research about tuning should know this. This is why I don't use gas with that crap period. You don't know how much ethynol they put in there, so every time you switch gas stations you get a different amount. I go to the same two gas stations every time.

Very good point JIGG. What gas has worked out best?? Im thinking Shell or BP (amaco)

Those are exactly the two I go to. And I physically only go to the two also. I don't just go to any Shell or any BP. It's always the same two. I chose BP and Shell simply because I know people who work there and other gas stations. I've heard stories of the used water from the carwashes leaking into the gas at Holiday, and SA I plain old knock like crazy. Pretty much it's up to you guys to find out which gas works best in your area. Good luck.

Oxygenating the fuel... making it more knock-prone... in winter. Does it seem ass-backward to anyone else to get WORSE fuel during the time of year that you'll get the coldest intake temperatures and best IC effect? I can understand for places that get snow.. might just be unsafe. But in the valleys of Southern California?!

JiggahMan said:
You obviously took that the wrong way, just like 90% of the pueriles that read it did. So, let me explain it in a way that you may understand what I meant.

Anyone that has done their research about tuning should know this. This is why I don't use gas with that crap period. You don't know how much ethynol they put in there, so every time you switch gas stations you get a different amount. I go to the same two gas stations every time.

in that sense...your right. it is common knowledge. i took your previous post the wrong way..understandably.

Talesin said:
Oxygenating the fuel... making it more knock-prone... in winter. Does it seem ass-backward to anyone else to get WORSE fuel during the time of year that you'll get the coldest intake temperatures and best IC effect? I can understand for places that get snow.. might just be unsafe. But in the valleys of Southern California?!

because god knows we hate having more oxygen getting into our combustion chambers

yeah its mainly in winter climates.Its not a bad thing,but its a good thing to put the wideband back on and make sure its still inline.Winter time the cars always feel faster,well the gas makes the car run alittle leaner,and the air temp/humidity is alot less...so its allllll good

as they say leaners meaner! :sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back