The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

The Hacked DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I guess I'll start this project back when I got it. Let's just get to it and I'll name all of the problems it HAD.

-blown 16g
-terrible leaky j pipe
-jank aligned intercooer
-vacuum house as shifter cable bushings
-broken radio
-countless other things I can't remember

So here's the story on what I did, lets back up a couple months sometime around March

March
I took her home and started tearing off the turbo and ordering stuff online. Parts ordered follow...
-16g rebuild kit
-brass shifter cable bushings
-oil and other fluids
-OEM oil filter
-all turbo install gaskets from STM

After ripping everything off I dissasembled the turbo carefully remembering where everything went
01212_iNoq3O04OJm_600x450.jpg

Now I started bolting it back on and after putting it all together it ran good!
01414_5CZ45z5NYjF_600x450.jpg

April
Now after having the car for a month I scored a deal on an ebay 20g and a cool manifold. I know I know I paid for the mistake. I also got a new j pipe perfect for the setup from a 1G friend. Basically I ended up getting a 14b on it to daily. Plus too many oil problems of leaking and stuff not sealing.

May 2015
I still had the 20g on at this point and the car leaked everything basically and i hated the car for a good month and had tons of boost leaks. But school got out the 3rd week of May and now I was done with high school and had a little more time on my hands:sneaky:
IMG_4126.JPG

June 2015
So I swapped the 14b on and started to daily this DSM. Through out these months I have been cleaning the car up a bit and cleaned the interior up and bought new carpet. Also have been making the hack stuff go away and make things right. ALSO I traded my clean 2004 cavalier daily for a 1992 Laser AWD. Has a small handfull of mods but was for sure taken care of from past owners, the PO not so much though. All he did was drive it till the 14b died and the downpipe rattled itself off and the VC gasket leaked all over. Moving on to the car in this story though haha.
IMG_3900.PNG
IMG_4158.JPG
IMG_4229.JPG
IMG_4416.JPG
IMG_4445.JPG

July 2015
So It has been 2 days in July so far and this car is really coming together from where it was at before. I have a small list of what I have done so far up to date and more to come next month.
-DIY alignment
-14b setup
-new magnacore wires
-painted vc for now
-made a boost leak tester and fixed many
-getting the idle better
-un hacked GM maf setup and all wiring
-new intake for turbo, waiting for Dejon
-manifold

I think that's it for these past 2 months but she's running smoother and smoother every day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back