The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

the Blue Devil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Size9Zombie updated the Blue Devil

View updates to this DSM profile...[DOUBLEPOST=1414337104][/DOUBLEPOST]So this is kinda wht happened n a nut shell, had a notchback fox w/ a 5.0 tht had a ton o time and $ wrapped up n it, but ive always wanted A) a turbo car and B) a 1g. So i started searching and after months found this beauty on craigslist and traded even for it, previous owner had taken decent care of it so i started out w/ maintenance. Changed all the fluids, inspected it from top to bottom for any issues. I found the e brake cable on the pass side was froze, the struts r worn out, (even though it has new springs on it) and some other minor things like oil leaks. It drove for about a month after i got it but something n the clutch hydraulics let go started shaking violently so as soon as i get time and space n my shop ill b tearing it all apart to see wht kinda damage ive got going on. Hopefully it will b soon, i have several customers who havent picked up their completed vehicles and others waitin on parts, but as soon as i have a hole to put it in ITS ON!!!! So stay tuned!!

Last edited:
Got the trans out today, this is what i found :mad:
IMG_20141029_122615.jpg
IMG_20141029_122453.jpg
IMG_20141029_122444.jpg

The 6 puck disc wasnt in straight, previous owner installed, i think that is what caused the throwout bearing sleave to shatter apart, thouse chunks were caught inbetween the pressure plate and the 6 puck disc, the ear broke was the result from how violently it was shaking[DOUBLEPOST=1414608375][/DOUBLEPOST]The outer tie rod end threads were aslo stripped out, so ill be having to replace that as well

sounds like u traded for a project, those stangs are probably my fav other than a 69 shelby or 71-73 mach 1

I'd get a whole front end kit, inner and outer tie rods, control arms, links, alignment and just be done with it. These things like to pop out ball joints and send you crashing!

Yea, it seemed like a pretty soild car when i looked at it, the shell has no rust at all, and the motor was just rebuilt about 1000 miles ago, ive shaken the suspension down and ball joints and stufd look tight for now, he must have stripped the nut on the tierod when he was tightening it down to the knuckle, lucky he put the cotter pin back on and it held[DOUBLEPOST=1414609741][/DOUBLEPOST]I loved my mustang, its the 3rd one ive owned, but ive wanted a 1g for a while and that mustang drank alot of fuel

Finally got the too small ugly 14 inch wheels off and got some 2g gs wheels. They had some scratches and gashes so i sanded them down, resurfaced, polished, and clear coated them. Ill post pics tomorro my computer is being dumb tonite

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back