The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

T25 to 16g install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinmancustom

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2009
wixom, Michigan
My question is about the oil lines some people say to run the stock line from the head to the turbo other people say to relocate it. From turbo to oil filter housing. Is there any good pics of this install thanks. I have more then enough support mods I'm actually way overpowered for this I think I have the alternator starter left and yeah everything else is new or performance parts.

The feed kits you would get are from the OFH and what exactly are your supporting mods? You don't have your profile filled out at all.

My question is about the oil lines some people say to run the stock line from the head to the turbo other people say to relocate it. From turbo to oil filter housing. Is there any good pics of this install thanks.
16G's aren't designed to be fed from a high-pressure oil source, like the filter housing, without a restrictor. Some have done this without an issue, others have a smokeshow from day one.

I have more then enough support mods I'm actually way overpowered for this I think I have the alternator starter left and yeah everything else is new or performance parts.
Well then what do you want our advice for? Sounds like you're well on your way to a 600+whp car.

Oh great. My last post didn't show.

Oil Feed
I suggest getting a 1g oil feed line and feeding from the head. There's a restrictor built into the line.
To plug the feed from the OFH, I just took the one fitting (it has a small hole in it) off and filled it with JB Weld. It doesn't leak a drop.

Oil Return
Three options: Buy a 1g one, buy an aftermarket one, or elongate the holes in your 2g one to fit. A small carbide burr makes this easy.

Coolant Lines
Two options: Buy 1g ones or take the ones off the T25 and bend a little to fit. The easiest way is to stick a phillips screwdriver in the pipe to support where you're bending. Works fine.

J-Pipe
There are 2 styles. One for use with a FMIC and another to work with a SMIC. The choice is yours depending on how your IC piping is routed.

I think that about covers it.

I suggest getting a 1g oil feed line and feeding from the head. There's a restrictor built into the line.
To plug the feed from the OFH, I just took the one fitting (it has a small hole in it) off and filled it with JB Weld. It doesn't leak a drop.

Does anyone have pics of this done or can someone expand on this or explain how they "plugged the stock 2g ofh feed line"...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back