The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Switched to 1125cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, since it is an SD car, fire up Link, open a recent log where it is idling at 12-13 AFR's. Go to the SDTable in link, click track table and detach table and ALSO click the little box that says "Always show on top" or something like that. Make that table box small so you can see the log behind it. Put the line for tracking on your log in an area where the car is idling at 12-13 AFR's. Look at which box Link is in at your idle (in the SD Table) and DECREASE the number in that box. Decreasing it will demand it give LESS fuel when it is in that box. (Smaller the number, the less fuel. Larger the number, the more fuel). Then apply that to the ECU. That, or check the box that says "apply changes as they occur" (something like that, down in the right hand lower corner). Check you AFR gauge and see if it has changed and is reading somewhat leaner now, closer to 14. If you don't see a change, change the number in that box to a little leaner (lower number) still. It will get your idle closer to stoic, or should, after each adjustment.
Also, have you ever used SDAdjust for the ECU to try and tell you what it thinks the map needs? It is a very handy tool and makes it easy for me to dial in idle and cruise.
Just hit me up if you need anymore help and if you have a log that shows 12-13 AFR's at idle, post it and I will look at it. I have Link with me today (at work :shhh:) :D
Marty
Everytime I track to track the datalog. It says it can't find the map sensor. I have the omni4bar setup in captured values and it logs it . Just won't track it? Input pins are set right too?

Give me a log to look at.

heres a log, one day i was driving and i set my phone on my laptop next to me and i noticed alot of stuff was greyed out on the log. i added back the values, but i see some are not being logged still. traffic was pretty crazy and i was trying to get home pretty quick. so i opted not to run a log otw...though i should have. but heres a general idea of the tune

Attachments

• new 1200s.elg
    202.3 KB · Views: 31
here is a log, one day i was driving and i set my phone on my laptop next to me and i noticed alot of stuff was grayed out on the log. i added back the values, but i see some are not being logged still. traffic was pretty crazy and i was trying to get home pretty quick. so i opted not to run a log...though i should have. but heres a general idea of the tune
tomorrow morning ill run a fresh log. because i have adjusted some of this numbers i do believe.

the first log is getting off the ramp , idling and cruising to the next stop light. the other log is getting onto 64

Attachments

• 1200 city and idle.elg
    61.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 1200 64 am.elg
    52.7 KB · Views: 23
I'll take a look in a bit. Let me get work out of the way....:shhh::)

Your fuel trims are pulling 16% fuel out of the mix so I say the global is still a bit fat.
Also I see your "coasting offset" is set at 2000, set it at 200.
See my screenshots of problems that I see on my end.
I DON'T see a wideband display anywhere and that needs to be captured and displayed so we can see how rich or lean it is.
I don't understand why the wideband says it is in the front location. We need to address some of these and get the car to log what we need for adjustments.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When i purchased the car it had a standalone aem wideband hooked up independently. It was never tied into the ECU so I can't currently log that ,that I'm aware of. I'm working on saving up for a innovate guage so I can tie it in. Maybe the wideband is set wrong. I have the 02 in the front but maybe I'm mistaken that's not the same wideband right? I'm very new at tunning and I'm trying to learn the best I can. I still need to learn alot but any of your help is greatly appreciated.ill adjust the coasting offset. And pull some more global or should I adjust the ve?

When i purchased the car it had a standalone aem wideband hooked up independently. It was never tied into the ECU so I can't currently log that ,that I'm aware of. I'm working on saving up for a innovate guage so I can tie it in. Maybe the wideband is set wrong. I have the 02 in the front but maybe I'm mistaken that's not the same wideband right? I'm very new at tunning and I'm trying to learn the best I can. I still need to learn alot but any of your help is greatly appreciated.ill adjust the coasting offset. And pull some more global or should I adjust the ve?
Tunning is new to me. No one is really good with cars around me so everything I come across I have to learn and research. So excuse me if I say something stupid

The only thing stupid is the question you DIDN'T ask.....no problem Simon.
This is another thread on AEM wideband wiring into a 2g. I am sorry, I am a 1g guy so I just have to reference the thread for you. I know on my 1g, I have to wire in the analog + and the analog - to the ECU. The negative goes to "sensor ground" but I am not positive where the + will wire in. I think the thread will tell you though.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/aem-wideband-wiring-to-rear-o2.465342/

The only thing stupid is the question you DIDN'T ask.....no problem Simon.
This is another thread on AEM wideband wiring into a 2g. I am sorry, I am a 1g guy so I just have to reference the thread for you. I know on my 1g, I have to wire in the analog + and the analog - to the ECU. The negative goes to "sensor ground" but I am not positive where the + will wire in. I think the thread will tell you though.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/aem-wideband-wiring-to-rear-o2.465342/
Thanks I'll have to get that wired in when we get some nicer weather.(been icy and wet) I really wanted to get the innovate because of all the issues I've heard of the aem wideband and ecmlink compatibility. But I do need to get it straightened out so I can log it.

I run Innovate LC2's but have a AEM EUGO in my 90 GSX, because it came with the car so we will see if it talks nice or not.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back